I don’t know about you, but cheesecake is one of my all-time favourite desserts. A dessert that to me bars no calories. If only we could explain that to my waistline. If I could I would eat cheesecake for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Yes, I enjoy it that much! Can you blame me?!
A few years ago, I whipped up a delicious chocolate cheesecake with candy cane crumble to serve as dessert following Christmas dinner with my Mom. I had every intention at the time to share the recipe with y’all. However those of you have been following Domesticated Momma know that Christmas of 2012 was a rough one for my family. My Nana passed away 11 days before Christmas after a short battle with ALS. Little to say that the time I had my slate quite full and never got around to sharing the mouth watering recipe with y’all. Until now.
- 1.5 cups crushed OREO cookies
- 2 tbsp margarine, melted
- 3 packages PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese (8 oz each), softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 packages BAKER’s Semi Sweet Chocolate (4 oz each), melted and cooled
- 3 eggs
- Peppermint Candy Cane, crushed (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Mix the crushed Oreo and margarine. Press into the bottom of a spring form pan.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until blended.
- Add chocolate and mix well.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time. Beat on a low speed until batter has mixed well.
- Pour over crust and bake 45 minutes.
- Once the cheesecake has set, run knife around the rim of the pan, and cool in the fridge.
- When your cheesecake has cooled. Top with crumbled candy cane. (Optional)
Recipe adapted from Kraft Recipes.
PHILLY CHEESECAKE OF THE YEAR CONTEST
It’s time to PhillyUp Canada!
For the third year in a row, the Philly Cheesecake of the Year contest has returned giving home cooks and aspiring chefs the opportunity to compete in a bake-off at the Kraft Kitchens in Toronto for a chance to win $5,000 cash, have his or her recipe in a national ad campaign and of course unparalleled bragging rights.
If you have got a cheesecake recipe that gets people asking “who made this?”, Philadelphia wants you to get baking! Enter your crowd-pleasingest cheesecake recipe and your creation could win the coveted title of Philly’s Cheesecake of the Year.
Visit Real Women of Philadelphia for full details and to submit your original recipe by June 20 at 12:00 pm ET!
ULTIMATE CHEESECAKE GIVEAWAY
Not only do we have the Philly Cheesecake of the Year contest to share with you, but also an opportunity for one of the readers of Domesticated Momma to win the Ultimate Cheesecake Package.
This package is valued at $400 and includes: a Kitchen Aid stand mixer, a spring form pan, spatula, and Philly Cook Book. Everything you would need to create your ultimate cheesecake recipe.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Join the conversation by tweeting @PhillyCanada using the hashtag #CheesecakeoftheYear.
Disclosure: I am a Kraft Canada What’s Cooking Contributor. I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.