How do you like to start each morning off? I love to super charge myself each morning and kick my day off with a smoothie. A morning cocktail of the sorts perhaps. A drink that will not only satisfy my taste buds, but also infuse my body with the nutrients needed to give me the energy to go on about my day, full speed ahead.
I currently am exclusively breastfeeding, so when I create my daily smoothie I take that into consideration. I want my smoothies to be delicious, but also a powerhouse of nutrients and protein. I want my drink to be bountiful, but also help aid in the development of breast milk. Not only do I have to take care of my body, but I am also taking care of another little being. I want to ensure she receives wholesome breast milk that keeps her thriving.
Over the last little while, I have done my share of research on ways to increase your breast milk supply through food and tinctures. This research has given me the insight needed to create a delicious lactation smoothie. Perfect for a nursing mother who is on the go or looking for a quick healthy breakfast!
Pink Flamingo Lactation Smoothie
- Handful of ice
- 1/3 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup seedless watermelon chunks
- 1/2 of a ripe banana
- 1/3 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup low fat cherry yogurt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 scoop ND Shake Vanilla (for women)
- 2.5 ml Orange Naturals Fennel Tincture
- 2.5 ml Orange Naturals Fenugreek Tincture
- 1 tbsp brewers yeast
- 1 tbsp ground flax
- 1/4 cup quick oats
- 1-2 tsp honey (optional, to taste)
- Add all ingredients to blender. Start by adding ice and fruits first followed by the dry and wet ingredients.
- Blend until smooth. Add more liquid if needed until the smoothie reaches your desired consistency. Enjoy.
You can also enjoy a Chocolately Pink Flamingo by also throwing in 2 to 3 tbsp of raw cacao to the blender.
For other delicious smoothie ideas, check out the Naturally at Home blog and be inspired by their nutritious recipes!
Do you have an ultimate smoothie recipe that you find yourself enjoying often? I’d love to know! Complete the rafflecopter form below, leave a comment sharing your favourite smoothie with me, and you will be entered to win a Smoothie Prize Pack. This prize pack is valued at $175 ARV and includes: ND Shakes for the family, a Hamilton Beach Personal Blender and Superfood Smoothies recipe book!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
* Giveaway is open to Canadian residents only. Giveaway ends at 12AM EDT on April 28, 2014.
Disclosure: I am part of the Orange Naturals Mom Ambassador Program and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.