Weekend mornings tend to be somewhat chaotic for us. They usually involve a quick jaunt up the road to Tim Horton’s for our daily dose of java and a quick bite to eat before we rush around to get the kids to their extracurricular activities. Never allowing the opportunity for us to enjoy traditional weekend brunch in the comfort of our home.
With a little extra planning, I saw to it that our family was able to enjoy a brunch at home today. A brunch that had two amazing worlds collide. Egg and grilled cheese with a sassy, spicy kick of sriracha aioli. Need I say more!
Egg ‘n Grilled Cheese Sandwich
(Adapted from Egg ‘n Grilled Cheese Sandwich featured on Kraft Canada)
- 2 slices of bread
- 2 slices of Craker Barrel Medium Cheddar Cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp red onion (diced
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/3 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp Calorie-Wise Miracle Whip
- 1 tbsp Sriracha Sauce
- 1/2 tsp honey
- Whisk eggs with water, spices and onion.
- Lightly coat a frying pan in non-stick spray. Heat pan over medium heat.
- Add egg mixture and cook until set; occasionally lifting edge with spatula and tilting skillet to allow uncooked portion to flow underneath.
- Once the egg has set, slip spatula underneath and fold egg in half. Fold in half again.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Lightly coat one side of each bread slice with margarine.
- Place the bread slices, margarine side face down in frying pan. Top each bread slice with a slice of Cracker Barrel Cheddar Cheese followed by a light coating of the Sriracha Aioli.
- Cook 3 minutes or until golden brown. Top with omelette and serve.
To view other grilled cheese recipes like this one, visit the Kraft Canada What’s Cooking website!