My nesting instincts have surely taken over in the past few weeks. Nothing bothers me more than a messy floor or crumb remnants sitting on my kitchen counter surfaces. While these may be everyday pet peeves of mine, my nesting habit became quite apparent the other day when I had to shut my laptop, setting work aside for an hour or two (a rarity for me) while I purged the pantry of stockpiled, expired foods and spices. It had to be done! It just had to.
With this nesting instinct has also come this incessant need to prepare quick and easy meals. Another rarity for me. All for one purpose… to limit how dirty the kitchen gets. Therefore limiting my desire to continually scrub down the kitchen. Not that I don’t already do that a few times a day, but could you imagine if I prepared a huge gourmet meal for dinner?!? Like I said above, I’m nesting! Big time.
However when I heard that National Banana Bread Day was just a few days away I had to get in the kitchen! There is nothing I love more than a hot loaf of banana bread, fresh out of the oven.
Typically I like to play around with my recipes, but this time I just opted to use an easy banana bread recipe that was featured on Kraft Canada. The only modification I made was using chocolate chips in place of walnuts.
Easy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 3 mashed bananas
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Miracle Whip Calorie Wise Spread
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 & 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease a loaf pan. Set aside.
- In a bowl mash your bananas and add in other wet ingredients.
- Mix in your dry ingredients to your wet ingredients. Adding your chocolate chips last. Combine well.
- Pour into greased loaf pan, smooth and transfer to oven.
- Bake for 60 minutes. Be sure to do a prick test before removing the loaf from the oven. If the toothpick doesn’t come out clean, return the loaf to the oven for a few more minutes.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes before transferring to wire rack to finish cooling.
Now that I know that you are sitting there, behind your computer screen, drooling over my banana bread… Why not get into the kitchen and make your own?
Kraft Canada features many delicious banana bread recipes!
Don’t deny it – doesn’t a slice of banana bread with your Sunday morning coffee sound like a little piece of heaven? If you make a loaf in the next few days you will be well ahead of the game in preparing for your very own National Banana Bread Day celebrations!
Disclosure: I’m a Kraft Canada What’s Cooking Contributor. Compensation has been received for this post. All opinions expressed are those of my own.