It feels like the Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics were just yesterday.
I can vividly remember soaking up game after game from the comfort of my family room while snuggling and playing with my 6 month old.
To think that precious 6 month old will be turning 5 this Summer is crazy! However the reality is that it has been 4 years since the last Winter Olympics. Sochi is upon us! In fact, there are only 6 days to go until the official opening ceremonies!
Will you be watching?
I know I will be for good ol’ time sake! I may not be an avid watcher of sports, but when it comes to the Olympics you can always count on me to be cheering on Team Canada along the way.
A recent survey of 1,500 Canadians held by Molson Canadian (an official supporter of the Canadian Olympic team) revealed:
- When Canadians see our athletes atop an Olympic Podium it brings our country together like few things can (33% of Canadians will cry or get choked up if we win a Gold Medal this year, and 27% of Canadians will likely sing O Canada in public).
- 62% of Canadians say hockey will be their highlight of the Sochi Olympic Winter Games.
- More than a third (34%) of Canadian hockey fans surveyed plan to give up sleep and 7% plan to call in sick or to skip work to catch key Olympic Hockey Games in Sochi.
- If Canada wins a Gold Medal in Sochi some of the famous Canadians we’d like to share a beer with to celebrate, if given the opportunity, include Sidney Crosby (31%), Stephen Harper (12%) and Ron MacLean (10%).
- Canadians were asked how they plan on celebrating our key achievements in Sochi. By far, our favourite way (identified by 6 in 10 Canadians) of celebrating our Gold Medals will be at home with family and friends. Nearly half (47%) of us say we will likely raise a celebratory beer in the process.
During the Sochi Winter Olympic Games Canadians will be able to celebrate our victories the same way our athletes did in Vancouver. For the first time, Molson Canadian is making its Victory Bottles available to Canadians across the country.
The Victory Bottles will be available at select retailers, bars and restaurants across Canada throughout January and February in single bottles.
I have already picked up my Victory Bottle. But why you wonder – being that I cannot drink right now being pregnant and all. Well my answer is simple – I am tucking my victory bottle away to enjoy a celebratory glass later in February or early March (whenever our baby girl decides to make her grand entry). To me that is a victory in and of itself that deserves to be celebrated!
While I would love to share the love and offer my fine readers a Victory Bottle for giveaway. The reality is I can’t. However, the kind folks at Molson Canadian have provided me with an awesome Victory Swag Bundle to giveaway to one lucky Canadian reader.
The Molson Canadian Victory Swag Bundle includes:
- a scarf,
- beer koozie,
- skate boot, and
To enter complete the Rafflecopter form below, and leave a comment answering the following question:
“Will be tuning into the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics. If so, which sports event are you looking forward to the most?”
a Rafflecopter giveaway
*This giveaway is open to Canadian residents only. You must be of the legal drinking age to enter. Giveaway ends February 24, 2014 at 12AM EST.