Being a work-at-home Mom, my gadgets are always close by. Whether I’m rocking my finest yoga pants, lounging in my office (ahem… sitting at the breakfast bar, on the couch or lazing in bed) with a cup of java while pounding away on the laptop or staying on top of emails, social media and other various tasks on my tablet or smartphone… I always have my gadgets in an arms reach.
Over the years I have had many gadgets come into and fall out of my possession. The Google Nexus 7 Tablet being the latest gadget to join the brood.
The Google Nexus 7 Tablet features:
- 7″ WUXGA (1920* 1200), 400 nits, LED backlight IPS panel with Scratch resistant Corning Fit Glass
- CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro, 1.5GHz GPU: Adreno 320, 400MHz
- 2GB RAM; 16GB Internal Storage
- Wireless: Dual-band Wi-Fi (2.4G/5G) 802.11 a/b/g/n
- Cingo surround sound, NFC (Android Beam), Bluetooth 4.0 Techology
- Up to 10 hours active use
- microUSB with Slimport HDMI out, 3.5mm audio, Dual speakers, Microphone, Power and Volume buttons
- Dimension: 7.87″ H. x 4.49″ W. x 0.34″ D.
- Product Weight: 0.64 lb .
- 1-year manufacturer’s limited warranty (details with product)
Let’s face it I don’t understand what half of the features are. This is where my technology loving husband comes in handy! When I told him he would have the chance to take my new tablet for a test drive, he was all over it. I don’t think he actually believed me when he initially heard me utter the words “can you play around on my tablet and let me know your thoughts“. He gave me a crazed look, but didn’t hesitate to jump right on board.
Before I tell you his thoughts, I will share with you some of mine…
I loved how easy the Google Nexus 7 was to initially set-up. I didn’t have to look at the instruction manual once. The tablet walked me through the whole process. It was seamless from start to finish. You do need to have a Google account in place to set-up the tablet. If you don’t already have one (I did), it isn’t a hassle to register and start up an account.
I found the picture quality and audio output to be superb. I workout on a daily basis. Not always does my toddler make it easy for me to use my workout DVDs… So on those off days I turn to YouTube. Generally speaking, I would lug out my laptop, but as of late I have simply been using the light weight Google Nexus 7. The keyboard is easy to use. Making it easy to swiftly stroke the touchscreen keyboard, search YouTube and pull up the video you want to watch. I didn’t find the video lagged at all when playing. The picture quality was outstanding, as was the audio output. The sound was not at all distorted, but rather quiet clear. The sound was well projected.
When I am not working out or reading, I love to unwind with a good ebook. I have an ereader. It’s nothing fancy. The graphics are black and white, and I can’t say it is an ereader I am fond of. I just make due with what I have. I have since loaded up my ebooks on to the Google Nexus 7 Tablet. The tablet is quite compact, which makes it a great in that it serves as an awesome multi-functional device.
The ASUS Nexus 7 Android tablet gives you the tools you need to create invoices, enjoy media, and tackle many tasks involved with balancing life and work when you’re on the go. Powerful internal components let you run the latest office productivity software and management or financial applications from virtually anywhere in the world.
After allowing my husband to play around on the device, here is what he has come to love about the Google Nexus 7 Tablet:
- The screen is high resolution, offering a vibrant display with a native resolution of 1920 x 1200; making it easy to enjoy high definition graphics on the tablet.
- The battery life is long-lasting. When the tablet is in use you can anticipate that the tablet will provide you with up to 10 hours of continual use before needing to be recharged.
- The tablet has a fast quad-core processor.
- You have the ability to charge the tablet wirelessly (with the purchase of an additional accessory).
With the good always come the gaffe:
- The location of the side buttons is not ideal. Making it hard to push.
- The tablet offers no micro SD support meaning you cannot increase the storage size.
Overall, I can tell you that I truly love my Google Nexus 7 Tablet. It is sleek and slender. A fantastic multi-purpose device, which comes in handy for a busy work-at-home parent like myself. I hate when my devices leave me biting my nails, pulling my hair and just in an overall frenzy because they are not functioning up to par. With the Nexus 7, I have had yet to experience that. I doubt I ever will.
If you are looking for an awesome last minute holiday gift this season for an avid reader, gadget and/or social media lover in your family, I highly suggest checking out the Nexus 7 Tablet.
Disclosure: I received a Nexus 7 Tablet to help facilitate this review. All opinions are those of my own.