There are so many beautiful sides of pregnancy. The glow, the growing baby bump, feeling the baby’s movements and hiccups, and just creating that overall unconditional loving bond with the baby while they’re in the womb.
That being said… There can be many unpleasantries that come along with pregnancy. Morning sickness, aches and pains, and oh yes… the dreaded facial acne. Unfortunately as a result of higher hormones during pregnancy facial acne can tend to be a common complaint from pregnant women.
In my case the facial acne I have had to deal with during pregnancy has been quite mild. However some women are more prone to severe cases. While the pregnancy acne may come and go. I find it is worse during the 1st and 3rd trimester. Pregnancy facial acne can last straight through the entire pregnancy.
There are many ways to treat and prevent the problem:
- Washing your face in the morning and before bed with a gentle foaming facial wash. Avoid scrubbing.
- Pat dry your skin with a clean towel after washing.
- Be sure to always remove your make-up prior to nestling into bed each night. Being pregnant and exhausted I know how tempting it is to just jump into bed at night and call it a day. Don’t do it. Make removing your make-up and washing your face a part of your bedtime routine.
- Use Oxy Emergency Acne Vanishing Treatment Wipes.
- Switch from foundation to using a tinted facial moisturizer.
- Try not to aggravate the problem areas by scratch, squeezing or trying to pop blemishes. This creates scarring.
Out of all the tips mentioned above… the treatment method that I have found has worked best for treating my pregnancy facial acne is the Oxy Emergency Acne Vanishing Wipes.
I use these wipes in the morning and before bed. I find it pulls any excess make-up off the skin that may still be lingering after washing my face. It has also helped reduce the redness in my cheeks and prevent breakouts. The wipes are unscented, and the package is quite compact. If you travel often you wouldn’t have to worry about adding this light weight product to your luggage.
One lucky Domesticated Momma reader will have the chance to give the Oxy Emergency Acne Vanishing Wipes a try, as we have an awesome pHisoderm & Oxy Prize Pack up for grabs.
The prize pack is valued at $50, and includes:
- 1 Oxy Emergency Cleaner
- 1 Oxy Emergency Acne Vanishing Treatment Wipes
- 1 Oxy Emergency Spot Treatment
- 1 pHisoderm pH up
- 1 pHisoderm pH down
a Rafflecopter giveaway
* Giveaway is open to Canadian residents only. Giveaway ends at 12AM on December 3, 2013.
Disclosure: I received the a pHisoderm and Oxy Emergency products to help cultivate this review. No other compensation was received. All opinions expressed are those of my own.