Some of you may be wondering why I have been offline over the past few days. Some of you already know. It is very uncharacteristic of me to take down time. However this was one of those occasions where down time was needed.

Sadly… On the morning of Friday, December 14, my Nana passed away in her sleep. She had been battling Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) (also known as Lou Gehrig’s Disease) for just over a year. My Nana will always be remembered for her heart of gold. She had such a charismatic, fun-loving spirit. She was a strong, independent and selfless woman who would do anything for her family and the well-being of others. She was such a beautiful person. I miss my Nana so much!

Monday would have been her 71st birthday. My family and I spent it at the funeral home where we shed many tears and shared in many fond memories as we celebrated her life and said our goodbyes.

My Nana will be truly missed and forever in her hearts.

16 Comments on Not-So-WW: My Nana… Forever In My Heart {Linky}

1. Teresa Kindred
    December 19, 2012 at 1:44 am (5 years ago)

I’m so sorry about your Nana. It sounds like you were very close and that’s a good thing. I hope you have many happy memories. Teresa from http://www.nanahood.com

2. Christine McN
    December 19, 2012 at 1:48 am (5 years ago)

Thinking of you and your family, Nicole. I lost my grandmother in May and I still have fits of breakdowns where all I do is cry. I don’t know what to say, except that you have love and support here 🙂 xo

3. Mom vs. the boys
    December 19, 2012 at 2:02 am (5 years ago)

so sorry to hear of your great loss, especially at the holidays and her birthday. she sounds like a lovely lady!

4. Mommy Moment
    December 19, 2012 at 2:13 am (5 years ago)

I’m so sorry! My grandma is my best friend in the world. I can not even begin to imagine what you are feeling. Sending love and hugs and prayers your way.

5. Elizabeth FrugalMomEh
    December 19, 2012 at 2:45 am (5 years ago)

I’m so sorry, I never knew my Grandmother as she died before I was born, but my Grandfather died 10 years ago and I still haven’t gotten over it.

6. Melissa Tiffany
    December 19, 2012 at 2:46 am (5 years ago)

I am so sorry for your loss. Sending prayers your way 🙂

7. Country Mouse, City Mouse
    December 19, 2012 at 3:28 am (5 years ago)

I saw that picture on facebook earlier tonight and it is so wonderful for you to have. I had a picture of my mom, my grandma and I on the day I was married. I asked them to slip it inside her casket when she passed away. The funeral director said he put it in her hand, and I think of that picture with her often – it has been 17 years since she passed away.

8. Tarasview
    December 19, 2012 at 4:09 am (5 years ago)

I am so sorry for your loss *hugs*

9. Manager to Mom
    December 19, 2012 at 2:32 pm (5 years ago)

I’m so sorry to hear about your Nana. I too lost a grandmother this past Summer who I was very close to and it is very hard indeed. Keep those wonderful memories of her close.

10. Shayna Murray
    December 19, 2012 at 2:34 pm (5 years ago)

So sorry for your loss. I have such great memories of my grandma that I will always hold close too….

11. Jennifer
    December 19, 2012 at 6:58 pm (5 years ago)

Sorry for your loss. All my grandparents are gone now including my Nana too. Lost my mom at age 49, 7 years ago. I miss them all.

12. Brandi Yee
    December 19, 2012 at 7:34 pm (5 years ago)

Oh I’m so sorry about the loss of your beautiful grandmother!! I, too, lost both of my grandparents in different years right before Christmas, on the 20th and 23rd & Christmas is definitely bittersweet. Hold onto the wonderful memories and remember her at her happiest *hugs*

13. Nicole
    December 20, 2012 at 12:33 am (5 years ago)

Thank you to everyone for all their kind words. I truly appreciate it.

14. shashers Life
    December 20, 2012 at 4:39 am (5 years ago)

So sorry to hear the sad news. 🙁 that’s such an awful thing to experience at any time of the year, but even more so at Christmas. I’ll be thinking about you. xoxoxx