It’s December peeps! As if you didn’t already know that. I’m still in disbelief at how quickly this year flew on by. It doesn’t feel like we should be preparing for another Christmas or to ring in the new year just yet. Alas, it is upon us!

Are you feeling the stress of the impending holidays?

This upcoming weekend, we have the first two of our many Christmas celebrations. My husband’s work Christmas party is on Friday night. I’m pretty stoked. Grandma is coming to sleep over with the munchkins. The hubs has booked us a room for the night. The last time I went to a company Christmas party was when I was newly pregnant with my first. Needless to say, morning sickness boycotted the party. I didn’t get to enjoy myself to the extent that I would have liked to. This year will be different. I can’t wait for some adult company!

Sunday, we’ll be hosting my husband’s Father and brother for Christmas dinner. I’m still not sure what I’m going to make. Whether it be a traditional turkey dinner, roast beef or something simple. One thing I know for sure is what I’m planning to make for dessert – a decadent White Chocolate Candy Cane Cheesecake. Yum!

Over the weekend I some how managed to sprain my knee. After days of urgent care appointments, an emergency echocardiogram and leg sonogram later, I’ve now been diagnosed. The doctor has insisted that I try to stay off my feet as much as possible in order to rest my leg. Clearly he doesn’t realize I’m a stay-at-home Mom to two little ones. Given the situation, my husband has offered to take over preparing dinners this week. He’s not really a cook, so I have been trying to plan out simple meals for him to make.

Over the next few days, we’ll be eating: butter chicken lasagna, pizza and Skillet Turkey, Vegetables and Stuffing.

I suck at taking it easy and staying out of the kitchen. The next few days should be interesting!

10 Comments on Menu Plan for the Week of December 3rd

1. Kristen
    December 5, 2012 at 1:39 pm (5 years ago)

It is my husband’s Christmas party on Saturday and my Mom is coming for the night to stay with our kids. It will be nice to have a couple drinks and relax. Last year I was pregnant also so parties were more tiring than fun.

2. MyKidsGuide
    December 5, 2012 at 1:40 pm (5 years ago)

I love the idea of the butter chicken lasagna. Never tried it. Over the next days, we will be having spinach lasagna, lentil soup

3. Cheryl Kirkness
    December 5, 2012 at 1:45 pm (5 years ago)

I’m getting hungry just reading about all of this! That cheesecake sounds amazing!!

4. Kelly @ City Mom
    December 5, 2012 at 2:29 pm (5 years ago)

I just came by to read your post and noticed you’re linked up to my recipe! Thank you! I hope that you guys like it. It really was so good!

Thanks for the meal plan idea!

5. Randa @ The Bewitchin' Kitchen
    December 5, 2012 at 3:18 pm (5 years ago)

This reminds me of how much I really need to get my menu organized. I’ve been everywhere with my menu plan lately.

6. Brandi Yee
    December 5, 2012 at 4:12 pm (5 years ago)

Mmmm sounds so good! We’ll be having chicken for sure at our #winewithchicken dinner party on Friday! hehe

7. Ashley
    December 5, 2012 at 4:58 pm (5 years ago)

Get better soon! It’s so hard to just sit and let others care for you or let the “stuff” we all feel responsible for wait. But trust a woman who’s suffering with life long injuries due to NOT taking it easy, it’s worth it to rest.

8. Country Mouse, City Mouse
    December 6, 2012 at 2:53 am (5 years ago)

Oh no! Hope your knee heals up quickly. Yeah, doctors just don’t seem to get it when they tell moms not to do anything. LOL!

9. Cheryl
    December 6, 2012 at 3:36 am (5 years ago)

I always think I should menu plan! However, knowing my luck, I would come up with the plan and then not feel like whatever I had planned! This drives my husband crazy! LOL!

10. NPC
    December 7, 2012 at 6:07 am (5 years ago)

I hope you feel better, the holidays should be low-key for us as we are going on vacation! 🙂 Stay out of the kitchen and off that knee! 😉