Monday… Is that you?!?

How has another weekend just slipped on by already? The weekends never seem long enough.

Our meal plan this week includes:

When I do my weekly grocery shop, I try to plan meals around a type or cut of meat that I can purchase in bulk to use in a bunch of like-meals. This past week’s bulk purchase was ground beef. Mind you, I did purchase boneless skinless chicken breasts, too… I can’t pass up a good sale!
Last night, I was meant to make the roast. However, I got sidetracked with decorating my house and forgot to start my electric turkey roasting pan. Oops! Oh well… we wound up enjoying our first (and more than likely… only) festive special of the season. I’ll be preparing the roast to serve for dinner tonight. My husband isn’t going to know what hit him when he arrives home from work.
What’s on your meal plan for this week? Do you have a meal you find you serve on a weekly basis?

6 Comments on Menu Plan Monday | Week of November 19th

1. Sny Med
    November 20, 2012 at 3:10 pm (5 years ago)

Nicole, I love how you have made a weekly meal plan. We are always running around like chicken’s with our head’s cut off for dinner ideas!

Jenna

2. Brandi Yee
    November 20, 2012 at 3:19 pm (5 years ago)

I need to start weekly menu plans!! Like Jenna, we’re also rushing around at the last minute for dinner ideas half the time hehe.

3. Mom vs. the boys
    November 20, 2012 at 4:09 pm (5 years ago)

BBQ and Beer chicken sounds interesting, I love using my crockpot

4. Mama Ash
    November 20, 2012 at 4:27 pm (5 years ago)

Oh your meal plan sounds lovely! I’ll have to get mine up and start planning again.

5. Manager to Mom
    November 21, 2012 at 4:23 am (5 years ago)

Now that I’m off on mat leave again, I’m looking forward to getting back into weekly meal planning! It definitely saves time & money and reduces food waste. Good idea re: buying a type/cut of meat in bulk and “theming” the week’s meals around that. If you get tired of that type of meat, you can always freeze portions too!

6. Whispered Inspirations
    November 21, 2012 at 4:24 pm (5 years ago)

YUMMMY. I want the chicken with all the fixins. Great menu, AS ALWAYS. 😀