Would you believe I went grocery shopping last week with no meal plan set in stone? Yep. I was living on the wild side. My weekly grocery day falls mid-week. I knew of the basic items that I needed for the coming week, but was at a loss of what meals to plan. Only tonight did I write-up our meal plan. It’s going to be a scrumptious week, meal-wise. My tummy is excited!! Ha.

This week on the meal plan, we have:

• Slow Cooker Garlic and Brown Sugar Chicken w/ Rice,
  • Chicken and Spinach Pasta,
  • Taco Pasta Bake, and…
  • Beef Tacos (my daughter’s weekly meal plan staple).
As an aside, I discovered a really cool website last week called My Fridge Food. The website allows you to input ingredients that you have in your pantry and fridge. From there it searches and provides you with recipe options based on the ingredients you have kicking around. This site is perfect for those times when you want to use up stuff in your pantry and / or when you’re just are unsure of what options you have for dinner. Neat, huh!? The foodie in me is ecstatic about this find.
What are some of your favorite simplistic recipes?

8 Comments on Menu Plan Monday | Week of November 12th

1. Brandi Yee
    November 15, 2012 at 2:43 pm (5 years ago)

Ohhh the slow cooker chicken sounds so tempting!! I was thinking of attempting cabbage rolls this week and lasagna 🙂

2. Shayna
    November 15, 2012 at 2:46 pm (5 years ago)

I have to admit I have never done weekly menus. I often have ideas of what I might want to make throughout the week but never really put a firm plan in to place. I find it hard with my 2 year old since she changes her mind on a daily basis about what she likes and doesn’t like……

3. Tammy inRdream
    November 15, 2012 at 4:32 pm (5 years ago)

Trying to start a meal plan tonight! Wish me luck! 🙂

4. Christine McN
    November 15, 2012 at 4:36 pm (5 years ago)

Oh! What a great post! I really need to plan our meals. I never do weekly menus, but like Shayna, have a firm plan in place.

5. Christine @MommyMatter.com
    November 15, 2012 at 6:10 pm (5 years ago)

I’ve used that website before. SO AWESOME! I suck at creating meal plans. Always end up not following it and making random things. Your meal plan just sounds sooooo yummy.

6. Mommy_Jennof3
    November 15, 2012 at 6:11 pm (5 years ago)

I’m a fly by the seat of my pants kinda girl too! I’ve tried the meal plan thing but things always come up or i don’t feel like what is planned that night! lol

7. Insane Mamacita
    November 16, 2012 at 3:08 am (5 years ago)

I may have said this before… I need to hire you to make our meal plans and possibly make the meals for me. LOL! These sound awesome!

8. NPC
    November 16, 2012 at 6:27 pm (5 years ago)

I think you should start “selling” meal plans. I know people think it’s relatively easy but, it’s not. A lot of thought goes behind it and I know I would pay to forgo that! 🙂 You are awesome!