The weather is quickly changing as we transition into the colder months. I’ve began the process of putting away my summer clothes and bringing out my winter gear. The only problem is…. my winter wardrobe from previous seasons no longer fits. This time last year I began my journey to start living a healthier and more active lifestyle. With that has come many changes to my weight, body size and overall image. Truth be told, I’m thinking it may be time for a new wardrobe for this Momma. It’s time for a good ol’ purge. Out with the old and in with the new.

I love that I’m entering a new season with the sense of feeling refreshed and freed. Purging is such a great way to relieve stress and free your mind. While most people tend to only do a spring clean. I try to do one  seasonally. One that focuses more on clearing out my wardrobe and closets.

If you’re wondering how to go about decluttering your wardrobe seasonally, here are some tips:
  • Move any clothes from the previous seasons into containers, wardrobes or another closet, so you can make room to fit in a new wardrobe.
  • Wondering whether to keep all clothing? I have a rule of thumb. If you haven’t worn the piece of clothing in the last year, odds are you never will again. Stop questioning it.
  • If you’ve outgrown your clothing, remove it from your life. There’s no need for you to look at it and feel the sense of guilt! Your wardrobe should contain articles of clothing that make you feel amazing and suit your current lifestyle.
  • If a certain article of clothing makes you feel “blah”, unattractive and just disproportionate. Get rid of it!
  • Rid of clothing that is reaching it’s longevity.
  • Stay organized. Purchase tupperware containers, shelving, additional wardrobes (Tesco has great variety) for storage.

Tesco Direct has some great options to help you declutter your closet and organize your life. Their website is easy to use and offers affordable pricing. Whether you’re looking to declutter and organize your wardrobe (like me!) or just looking to fit in a new wardrobe, they have many options that will help make the transition seamless.

How do you know when it’s time for a new wardrobe? How often do you update your current one?

Disclosure – This is a sponsored post written for a client. Compensation has been received. All view expressed are those of my own.

8 Comments on Fitting in a New Wardrobe with Tesco

1. adult driver education texas
      November 3, 2012 at 2:37 pm (5 years ago)

What a great way to welcome the season! I love to purge once in a while too. It’s a great stress reliever and it’s pretty relaxing too.

November 5, 2012 at 2:00 pm (5 years ago)

Great tips! I have my fair share of clothes that haven’t been worn in over a year that I need to declutter. As much as I want to save those special jeans, truth is those were in style over a few years ago and even if I could fit in them today, I’d look crazy and so not stylish, lol.

3. Insane Mamacita
      November 5, 2012 at 2:29 pm (5 years ago)

I purge my clothes closet at least once a year as well. It is so freeing. My hubby doesn’t understand it. hehe!

4. ~ The Country Mouse ~
      November 5, 2012 at 2:47 pm (5 years ago)

I need help with this. I have clothes which don’t fit, nor will they ever fit again that I must get rid of to make more closet space. Your tips are great and I need to put them into practice.

5. Annie Brown
      November 5, 2012 at 3:06 pm (5 years ago)

I am a purger … I don’t hold on to things and sometimes I kick my butt in the process. But I love shopping for the new season. Your tips are awesome and I need to train up my daughter to do this. She is 8 no time like the present to start.

6. Sny Med
      November 5, 2012 at 3:46 pm (5 years ago)

Nicole, I like your article! I don’t have the issue of my wardrobe being cluttered with clothing but “things”. I have been purging for about 1 year now, and I still have a long ways to go!

Jenna

7. Tammy inRdream
      November 5, 2012 at 4:44 pm (5 years ago)

Great tips!

Much like you once I lost over 45lbs in 3 months (Before babies) and it feels great to need a new wardrobe!

Now I just need the drive to do it all over again!

Thanks for sharing!
      Tammy http://inRdream.com

8. Brandi Yee
      November 5, 2012 at 8:59 pm (5 years ago)

These are some great tips! I just recently went through my wardrobe and I always try to tell my self, if I haven’t worn it in over a year, I likely never will. Otherwise, I’ll have WAY too much stuff lol.