Today is a day that I wish no one had to recognize, including me. A day that I wish wasn’t in existence. Today is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day.

A day that I remember the birth of my beautiful little sister, Danielle, and reminisce about the few days I got to acquaint myself with her before she spread her wings.

A day that I remember each one of my angel babies… the positive pregnancy tests, the morning sickness, the ultrasound photos… the day that God decided that my little angels were too beautiful for earth and had other plans for them.

A day that I remember my good friend’s sweet little angel, Chloe.

Today my heart goes out to all families who have endured the emotional heartache of pregnancy and infant loss. Our angels will always be with us in our hearts and memories. Let’s stand together as we remember and honour our little angels. Today, tomorrow and always.

I’m the face of 1 in 4. Today, I remember.

8 Comments on Pregnancy & Infant Loss Remembrance Day… Today, I Remember.

1. Little Miss Kate
    October 15, 2012 at 2:23 pm (5 years ago)

May all the little angels watching over you bring you strength today, and every day.
    *Hugs*

2. Shayna
    October 15, 2012 at 2:42 pm (5 years ago)

Every time I hear about someone who has experienced this kind of loss I look at my little girl and just cannot imagine that kind of heartache. I have a friend who lost her little girl very late in her pregnancy and has struggled so much. I so wish I had words that I think would help her but I don’t. All I can really do is listen and hope that in some small way that helps her.

I’ll be thinking of all the families today who have lost little ones.

3. Sny Med
    October 15, 2012 at 5:40 pm (5 years ago)

Nicole, I am so sorry for your losses. I feel heartbroken for you. Your baby sister looks so beautiful in that photo, thank you for sharing it with us. On a brighter note, this day is important to keep their memories alive.

Jenna

4. Journeys of The Zoo
    October 15, 2012 at 8:24 pm (5 years ago)

So sorry to hear about all your losses.

I guess that I’ve been away from the community for a while because I didn’t even know about it. Makes me feel bad. For me, my friends, for my son. It’s been almost three years since I held him. Sigh.

Besos, Sarah
    Zookeeper at Journeys of The Zoo

5. mamawee
    October 16, 2012 at 11:32 am (5 years ago)

big hugs – I experienced a pregnancy loss many years ago….

6. Insane Mamacita
    October 16, 2012 at 2:09 pm (5 years ago)

HUGS to you sweetie! I cannot imagine this kind of pain. Know that we are all here to support you.
    We will remember together.