It’s time for me to get back at it. My kitchen renovation is close to being completed. We are just waiting on the builder to install our replacement pantry and finish painting. Too bad they don’t have a timeline for the exact completion date. At the  very least we finally have our counter top. That’s a far cry from the situation we were in a few weeks ago! So really… I can’t let the fact that products from my pantry are littered in boxes throughout my house hold me back from meal planning and enjoying home cooked meals. Eating out just isn’t practical, nor is it budget friendly.

Last week one of my close friends, Marlene, from Mission to (Another) Marathon shared with me a chili recipe that she loves. Obviously, I couldn’t not include the chili on the menu plan this week. My family is die-hard chili lovers, so having a variance in the chili’s we enjoy throughout the cooler months is key. It prevents meal boredom. Who doesn’t love to shake things up a little bit from time to time?! I certainly do! That’s the fun of cooking.

Also on the menu this week… tacos (Taco Tuesday, anyone?!?), stuffed peppers and biryani chicken.

It’s going to be a yummilicious week full of family favorites!!

What are some of your family’s favorite meals?

Happy eating!

6 Comments on Menu Plan for the Week of October 22nd!

1. mamawee
    October 22, 2012 at 12:01 pm (5 years ago)

some of our favs are roast beef, carrots, potatos in the crock pot; chicken fajitas,

2. Monica
    October 22, 2012 at 12:07 pm (5 years ago)

I’m very organized in other aspects of my life but for some reason I’ve never been able to plan a weeks worth of menus, I’m lucky if I know what we’re having tomorrow!

3. Cheryl Kirkness
    October 22, 2012 at 12:57 pm (5 years ago)

Hmm…good question. I really like meatloaf with mashed potatoes.

4. Jodi Shaw
    October 22, 2012 at 1:24 pm (5 years ago)

I’ve been doing things in my crock-pot lately because the weather is so sucky. We do stew, chili (of course) pot roast yum! Chicken and soups for those cold evenings.

5. ~ The Country Mouse ~
    October 22, 2012 at 3:07 pm (5 years ago)

So happy to have found you this past weekend, Nicole You are so bubbly:) I am glad to hear your home is coming back together, and you are still smiling.

6. Brandi Yee
    October 22, 2012 at 4:51 pm (5 years ago)

Sounds like a great menu for this week! We LOVE chili and enjoy making tacos as a family 🙂 Such great foods for this time of year as well 🙂 We also love lasagna and cabbage rolls…yummy!