It’s that time again for my weekly midweek confessions. I particularly enjoy this series as it lets me speak my mind and get mediocre things that don’t necessarily need a post of their own.

Builders and Improvisions. My husband and I visit our new build like clockwork each week. It’s nice to track the progression, peek in the windows and make sure that everything appears somewhat in order. Well as in order as they should be granted that we’re peering through a window. This past Friday we noticed that the front foyer closet door was installed. Perfect… er… not really. We had asked for mirrored sliders and we were given a solid wood door. The way our front entrance is designed it doesn’t suit a solid wood door. It makes it look rather cold and uninviting. Anyway… so I sent off an email to the builder to find out what the deal was. Turns out other buyers who had purchased the same model as us opted to upgrade the door, so they figured we’d want to as well. Well don’t assumptions just make an ass out of people because the solid wood door is something we would have declined. The mirrored sliders were one of the design details that we loved about the house. Given that we close in 16 days we were given the option to be delayed and get the mirrored sliders or slap a mirror on the wooden single door and call it a day. Talk about improvisions. After much back and forth, we’ve met mutually at the terms that we’ll get mirrored bifolds instead.

Cleaning out the fridge. In addition to packing, I’ve also been cleaning the house as I go. Today I tackled the job of clearing out the fridge and giving it a good scrub. I honestly cannot remember the last time I’ve done this. The fridge was disgusting. It left me kind of put off! All is clean now and glistening. But man am I a hoarder of condiments!!

Eye teeth. My 17 month old is cutting his eye teeth. His mood has been awful for a few weeks now, but it’s gotten progressively worse. Overall he’s been a good teether, but the eye teeth are taking their toll on him. Sleepless nights. Fussiness. Clinginess. I just want my happy baby back.

Productivity and Impromptu Naps. I threw productivity straight out the window on Monday afternoon and I have no regrets for doing it. As mentioned above, my little man is teething and all he wanted on Monday was his Momma. He wouldn’t sleep, so I opted to take an impromptu nap with him. The cuddles made it so worth it. The other stuff can always wait, but babies won’t keep… Love that saying! Thank you to the friend who shared it with me. It’s so true.

Catch-up.  At the moment I’m playing catch-up. If you see a fair number of sponsored posts being pumped out this week, that’s why. I’m going to be offline a fair bit in the coming weeks, so I just want to be on the ball getting out posts that are due and others scheduled in the queue.

Rebranding. I’m considering taking the plunge and rebranding my blog. By rebranding I’m talking name change, domain change, design revamp and a move over to WordPress. Oh yes – if I follow through with it, then I’m going all out. I’ve changed so much over the years since launching Domesticated Momma and I don’t feel the name suits me. Yes, I’m a domesticated momma… However, I’m also a fitness geek and a shutterbug. I don’t just want to feel refined to talking about parenting this and that all the time… So we’ll see if I take the plunge. I’m going to #SCCTO in the fall, so if I do decide to go through with it… I should before then.

We’re busy. Seriously why can’t people just accept that and let it go. Nothing drives me more nuts then when someone calls last minute to try and make plans with you, and you tell them you’re legitimately busy…. and they demand to know why or challenge you on it. Is there really a need for that?!? Just take the “we’re busy” and move on. My family and I have a life too. Who doesn’t?!

10 Comments on Midweek Confessions

1. mamawee
    July 19, 2012 at 12:37 pm (5 years ago)

I hate cleaning out the fridge. I think we lived in our house for 3 years before it was cleaned the first time (it’s a job kind of like cleaning behind the stove…I know I SHOULD do it, it just doesn’t happen)

2. Shari G
    July 19, 2012 at 1:31 pm (5 years ago)

Our last house was a builder house, and I remember hubby was there often as he installed our alarm system along with the builders. We had a rough in door, and they had put it in, and then the electrician ran the wires right across the middle of it. Good thing hubby was there, as he went and called the guy right over to fix it. But can you imagine what would’ve happened if he didn’t? Knowing we had a rough in, hubby would have cut open the wall, and probably would’ve electrocuted himself.

3. Christine
    July 19, 2012 at 2:15 pm (5 years ago)

Oh my goodness! You ARE busy!!!

Can’t wait to see you at SCCTO this Fall!! 🙂

4. Deborah Coombs
    July 19, 2012 at 2:26 pm (5 years ago)

Oh moving is so stressful I can only imagine how much more so with monitoring a new build.

We just got a new fridge this week. I try to clean my fridge a couple of times a year, but man was the old one ever a disgusting mess when I emptied it. Ugh. I’m kind of ashamed of myself

5. Mama Ash
    July 19, 2012 at 2:36 pm (5 years ago)

Naps, rebranding my business and cleaning the fridge….that’s what I’ll be working on.
    But take it easy! have a great week.

6. The Zoo
    July 19, 2012 at 2:54 pm (5 years ago)

I’m just writing a “mid-week” confession right now. So many ideas, not enough words. Love yours!

I look forward to your rebranding. Doesn’t matter what you call it, great content is great content. You could even call it that and I wouldn’t ask for any kick backs (see how nice I am, smile).

Besos, Sarah
    Zookeeper at Journeys of The Zoo

7. Tarasview
    July 19, 2012 at 3:06 pm (5 years ago)

wow- you have got a LOT going on! Rebranding is a big step, productivity totally needs to be thrown out once in awhile, naps are important, eye teeth- teething sucks, way to go on cleaning the fridge and did I mention you have a lot going on? You rock 🙂

8. ~ The Country Mouse ~
    July 19, 2012 at 4:56 pm (5 years ago)

My fridge i full of condiments too – no room for real food. lol! Good luck with the move, it is coming so fast now, and I can not wait to meet you at SCCTO this fall. YEAH!

9. Insane Mamacita
    July 19, 2012 at 5:56 pm (5 years ago)

I cannot wait to see your rebrand! Did you go with what we discussed? Msg me on FB!

10. Deanna T.
    July 19, 2012 at 6:36 pm (5 years ago)

I too am a hoarder of condiments, and I also can’t remember the last time I gave the fridge a real thorough cleaning. Yikes.

So looking forward to seeing you at SCCTO this Fall! I’m too chicken to move over to WP, but wish you all the best if you do make the leap (what the heck would you change your name to? I’m trying to think of something that would cover photo happy, fitness geek, mom, etc.. and just falling flat).