The semi job hunt. I love being a stay-at-home Mom. I really do. It has it’s non-glorious moments. Moments where I could just pull my hair out or scream like a crazy person. Otherwise.. I love it! Last week  I came across a job posting. It was for a position that really suited me as a person. I did a lot of meandering about it over the weekend. I went back and forth; eventually biting the bullet and just sending in my resume. It never hurts right. We’ll see what comes of it.

Wine. Someone pass me a glass or the bottle please!!! It’s been a trying 3 weeks with my (almost) 3 year old. She’s obviously going through something and whatever it is, is making her miserable as all hell. I mean that in the lightest terms. Oh man! I really hope this isn’t what the age of 3 has in store for me.

Bottomless Pit. If I could eat my way through this house today… I probably would. No matter how much water I consume and how many healthy, protein filled meals I eat… I’m still hungry. What I really want is a poutine, slice of pizza, bag of chips or maybe even a chocolate bar. Thank goodness today wasn’t grocery day or else I would’ve been in trouble.

4-year blogiversary. Monday marked Domesticated Momma’s 4-year blogiversary. Crazy to think about it really! So much has changed in the last few years. I originally started this blog to document my journey and struggles while trying to conceive my first born. The blog has developed, grown and blossomed from there. This year will definitely be the year of change. I can’t to unveil the changes to you over the course of the next year.

Hope you’re all having a great week! Happy hump day!

9 Comments on Midweek Confessions

1. Shayna
    July 12, 2012 at 4:13 am (5 years ago)

Oh I can so relate to some of your “confessions” I remember when I was at home with my little one. I was on mat leave from my job but along the way decided that it wasn’t a job I wanted to go back to. I remember the trepidation about applying for that job that came along that sounded like a good fit. I had the same attitude, it doesn’t hurt to try right? Well I ended up getting that job and not quite a year later I can say it’s been pretty positive.

And I have a two year old who has been putting us through the wringer lately as well. Moody and bossy and on an emotional roller coaster. I really hope that three isn’t worse!!!

Congratulations on your 4 year blogiversary!

2. Tammy @ In R Dream
    July 12, 2012 at 12:34 pm (5 years ago)

Oh Nicole, I have been home for over 6 years now! I can relate, I have days where I want to pull my hair out too, but thinking about sending them to daycare all day well I work just doesn’t feel right with me. I hope you come to a decision to whats best for your family & YOU! Good luck on the hunt!!!

HAPPY 4 years!! YAY!!!! Congratulations!

July 12, 2012 at 1:00 pm (5 years ago)

Firstly, Happy Blogiversary!!!!!

Secondly, I know what you mean, I think for me its been the kids arguing with each other, wine is much needed in this house too. 🙂

And I so get what you mean about food. Food and I (I’m pretty sure everyone and not just me) have a love hate relationship. Since starting weight watchers and now P90X, food is tempting me in so many ways. Right now I could go for a huge breakfast, I mean, the works, lol!

Love this Midweek Confessions Segment! 🙂

4. ~ The Country Mouse ~
    July 12, 2012 at 1:14 pm (5 years ago)

Love your confessions! Such a fun post to read. I’ve been home for six years and can not believe how fast the years have flown by. Good luck with the job 🙂

5. Christine
    July 12, 2012 at 2:00 pm (5 years ago)

HAPPY BLOGAVERSARY!!! I love your confessions!
    I have to say that I’ve been taking a break from teaching since Little One was born. I teach on and off now, but have been working from home a lot more and LOVING IT! I actually want to give up teaching all-together! LOL! That’s my confession.

6. The Zoo
    July 12, 2012 at 2:49 pm (5 years ago)

Love it!

Happy Blogaversary and good luck on the job application. You can always say “no”…

Mine are just 2.5 and I can already see the changes coming. “Terrible Twos”, nothing. I hear they call it the “#$%^ing Fours”. Eck!

Besos, Sarah
    Zookeeper at Journeys of The Zoo

7. Insane Mamacita
    July 12, 2012 at 4:25 pm (5 years ago)

I love your mid-week confession posts. I have seen a few job postings here and there that would be good for me. I too have trouble deciding what to do. At times I love being home but sometimes I think it would be better if the kids and I had a break. Then, my anxiety comes into play and I begin to wonder if I would even be able to work outside of the home. So stressful!

And I hear you about the bottomless pit thing. I am so hungry all the time right now. Even in this heat! And I thought that would help curve it but its not. Oh, and the ice cream, because we need a way to cool off without AC. LOL!

8. Tarasview
    July 12, 2012 at 6:09 pm (5 years ago)

it has been a trying week for me too in kid-area… must be something in the air!

9. Wendy S
    July 12, 2012 at 9:38 pm (5 years ago)

Always good to get things off your chest! I love working outside the home! Hope you find something you love too 🙂