Brakes & ignorant drivers. On Friday morning, my brake switch and sensor went faulty on my car. It caused my ECS & Down Hill Park Assist icons to be illuminated in the dash. It also meant that I had no brake lights and limited traction control. I hesitated booking my car in, but wound up biting the bullet. I spent 3 hours with my children sitting in a dealership on Friday afternoon. Fun times. I know… your jealous!

Good thing…

Friday night upon driving back from our new build, a car ran a red light and cut right in front of us. The driver was so invested in his conversation with his passenger that he did not hear our blaring car horn or the screeching tires. It actually took another driver on the road blaring his horn to catch the drivers attention. Our car went from 60km/hr to 0km/hr in less than 5 seconds. I thought for sure we were going to collide. I still can picture the passengers face vividly. A face of sheer horror. You could tell her life was flashing before her eyes. Thankfully we all walked away okay. I’m a little sore from being jerked around and bracing myself, but otherwise I’m happy my family and I are all healthy and safe. That’s all that matters.

2 or 3? Only time and fate will tell… You may or may not get what I mean, but I’ll cut to the chase. We’re currently trying to conceive our 3rd. Not actively, but not avoiding either. We always planned on a large family. Originally the plan was 4… and then 3… However, I’d be happy if the 2 we’ve already been blessed with were our last. So we’ll see where this journey takes us. I’m already on cycle 4, but like I said we’re in no rush, nor are we actively trying.

Work from home or Stay at home… I’m a stay-at-home Mom. I made the decision to leave my account management and administrative position in mid-2010 to stay home and raise my beautiful daughter. I was also pregnant with my second at the time. It was the best move and decision for me at the time. I’ve enjoyed every moment of being able to stay home and watch my children grow. I feel so fortunate. As my children grow older, I’m reaching a point where there are days that I find myself yearning for something more. A work at home job would be awesome, whether it be 100% or 90%-80% from home and 10-20% in office. The opportunity just has to be the right one. I’ve tried the whole daycare thing and trust me it just isn’t something up my alley.

Boxes?!? I need more boxes!!!! You read that right! We were originally 7 weeks delayed. Just last week we received the news that our delay has been bumped up from 7 weeks to only 1 week. Which means… I need to start packing!! Less than a month until we take possession of our new home. I couldn’t be more excited.

Sibling rivalry will get the best of me. It feels like my children are always butting heads. Seriously can’t we all just get along?!

Nap time cut short. Son just woke up…. confessions interrupted… until next time!

12 Comments on Midweek Confessions

July 5, 2012 at 11:42 am (5 years ago)

I’m right there with you on so much of this!

I wanted a large family!
    I want to work from home.

2. Shari G
    July 5, 2012 at 12:21 pm (5 years ago)

I am hoping to work from home. I am a stay at home mom currently, and trying to turn work at home mom. We have 3 kids 5, 4, and 2 all boys. We wanted a small family #3 was a surprise. But he really is the delight of our whole family.

3. The Zoo
    July 5, 2012 at 12:35 pm (5 years ago)

I too wanted a large family and then I had a litter. Three at one time!? I am done! How great that you’re taking it with stride. Any additions would be fortunate to call you family.

Good luck with the move. Haven’t had to do it with kids. Dread it anyways. You’re a super star!

Besos, Sarah
    Zookeeper at Journeysof TheZoo
    journeysofthezoo at hotmail dot com

4. ~ The Country Mouse ~
    July 5, 2012 at 1:03 pm (5 years ago)

Good luck with your move. So excited to hear about your new home:)

5. Christine
    July 5, 2012 at 1:51 pm (5 years ago)

Good luck with the move! Very excited to hear updates!

I’m working from home at the moment. I took a break from teaching to raise Little One and now she’s starting JK this Fall. I’ve been doing work from home on various social media gigs. It’s been great…and I get to be home to do it! Win-win! Well, sometimes not so much…especially when you’re in the middle of a very important Skype conference with a big company and your 3 year old runs around the house naked. *sigh*

6. Kathleen (aka Callista)
    July 5, 2012 at 4:30 pm (5 years ago)

So glad you are okay from the almost accident and good luck with #3. I’m so with you on sibling rivalry. Summer is driving me nuts!

July 5, 2012 at 4:31 pm (5 years ago)

Wow, busy week! Thank goodness your brakes were done!! Excited for you guys on your move 🙂 Can’t wait to see you blog about it

July 5, 2012 at 5:44 pm (5 years ago)

Oh I hope you find enough boxes, I know the feeling of being rushed, it sucks. And OMG I thought I was ready for this Summer until the kiddos started arguing, lol.

As for staying at home, I made the decision as you did to be a SAHM. I was and have been fortunate to also work from home. Though it has it’s benefits, now that both kiddos are in school full time, I’m yearning to go back to the office with adult co-workers, lol.

9. Bonnie Way
    July 5, 2012 at 7:02 pm (5 years ago)

Good luck with number 3! My hubby and I talk about a big family too but we’re also taking it one child at a time. 🙂 I’m with you on the stay-at-home thing; I don’t like the idea of daycare, but I also like a bit of time to myself. I get that, right now, by writing and blogging. 🙂 Thanks for sharing!

10. Shayna
    July 5, 2012 at 10:59 pm (5 years ago)

Daycare can be a really good thing. I know it’s not for everyone but some kids thrive in daycare. I’m supportive of any choices mommy’s make as long as they don’t add comments like “I don’t want to pay someone else to raise my kid” 🙂

• Nicole
      July 6, 2012 at 5:54 pm (5 years ago)

I agree with you! I’d have no problem putting my children in daycare. I think the socialization is good for them. I also admire daycare providers for all that they do. I ran a daycare in 2011 and it is a lot of work! Fun, but tiresome at the same time.

11. Canadian Dad
    July 6, 2012 at 4:15 am (5 years ago)

Good Luck on number 3!! I find that driving seems to be getting worse and worse these days. I don’t know if it’s iPhone’s or just people paying less attention but it is certainly concerning!