It’s been a crazy few days… weeks… months. Purging, cleaning, renovating. For those who follow my blog regularly, you know we’re building a house from the ground up. It’s been an exciting tiring, albeit very exciting time

Tonight we had our realtor in to get the ball rolling on the sale of our current house. It feels almost surreal. This is the first home my husband and I have ever owned together and now we’re getting ready to sell it. Wow!

I still remember worrying as a child about how I would ever afford to have a roof over my head and provide for my own family. I could never fathom how my parents got by. Silly, right… I know! BUT – Β that was me a huge worrier. Always daydreaming about my future.

And here we are!

Married 5 years. 2 kids later and we’re ready to move on to house numero duex! Insane!

We’ve made many memories in our current house. Ones we’ll carry with us forever. It’ll be bittersweet when it comes time to move out. This is the house where my son was born. Such a special moment. I can’t wait to take him for a drive one day when he is old enough to understand and show him the house where he was once born.

Holy crow… I’m getting teary just thinking about it. It’s all this excitement I tell ya!

Our house will be on the market as of tomorrow night or Friday. Eeps!!!

11 Comments on And We’re Listed…

1. AnnMarie Brown
    May 4, 2012 at 11:47 am (5 years ago)

Good luck with the sale … my house is going up for sale very soon also… we are moving after living here for over 15 years… we built it then but not we are moving to an apartment in a huge city. EEK! I totally get the bittersweet!

2. Alyssa
    May 4, 2012 at 12:44 pm (5 years ago)

Best of luck! Such an exciting time for your family πŸ™‚

3. mamawee
    May 4, 2012 at 2:37 pm (5 years ago)

good luck with the sale. I know I would be very emotional putting our house up…but we will be here for a long time….

May 4, 2012 at 2:47 pm (5 years ago)

Good luck with the sale of the house, it must be pretty hard to move on, but as long as you have your family with you everything always turns out for the better! πŸ™‚

5. Kelly @ City Mom
    May 4, 2012 at 5:40 pm (5 years ago)

So exciting & a big congrats! Good luck in the sale process!

6. Shayna
    May 4, 2012 at 5:55 pm (5 years ago)

Not sure what city you are in or what the market is like but here it is crazy! Definately a sellers market. Good luck to you!!!

7. Bonnie Way
    May 4, 2012 at 7:05 pm (5 years ago)

Aw, good luck! My hubby and I have also been married for 5 years, but we’ve always rented – this is our fourth place. I’m dreaming of our someday house and what I want in it… so have fun moving into your new place! πŸ™‚

8. Julie | Suburban Moms Media
    May 4, 2012 at 8:45 pm (5 years ago)

Good luck! We have already been down a similar road and are 8 months into our new home – hope everything goes smoothly for you, but if there are a few “bumps” along the way, just remeber – it will ALL be worth it in the end! πŸ™‚