Come on out on Wednesday, May 2 and visit your local McDonald’s and celebrate McHappy Day. Every $1 spent on the purchase of a Big Mac sandwich, McCafe beverage or Happy Meal will be donated to charities such as the Ronald McDonald house.

RMHC Canada is the national organization that supports Ronald McDonald Houses and Ronald McDonald Family Rooms across the country, which provides families of sick children a home-away-from-home or a place of peace and calm within a hospital. McDonald’s Canada covers all of RMHC Canada’s administrative and operating costs, making it possible for 100 per cent of every directly donated dollar to go to Ronald McDonald Houses and their programs. ” – Source: McDonalds

When I was 11, my sister was born preterm. She was very fragile and ill. The duration of the hospital stay (both before and) after her birth was quite lengthy. The drive to the hospital and home was an easy one. While it was very hard for me to be away from my Mom and baby sister for an extended period of time…. we lived within travel distance of the hospital.

There are many families who don’t have these means. There are families that have to take up rooms in hotels near a hospital or even commute back and forth each day. It isn’t convenient, it’s costly and it adds undue stress. The last thing anyone wants… more stress… when already worrying about a sick loved one. There are  Ronald McDonald Houses and Ronald McDonald Family Rooms across Canada that can provide support for these families of sick children.

My family has never had to receive the support of the Ronald McDonald House, but it’s very comforting to know that places like this do exist.

So please mark May 2 on your calendar… and stop by McDonald’s to pick up a Big Mac, coffee or Happy Meal! You’ll be supporting a great cause.

9 Comments on #McHappyDay is Upon Us | Wednesday, May 2

1. Hollie
    April 30, 2012 at 4:42 pm (5 years ago)

Thanks so much for your beautiful post and for being a #McHappyDay blogger!

2. mamawee
    May 2, 2012 at 11:40 am (5 years ago)

great post! I will be taking my oldest for lunch today

3. Shari G
    May 2, 2012 at 11:52 am (5 years ago)

My younger sister just had to travel back and forth every day for 15 days while my mom was getting cancer surgery. It took a great toll on her, and the rest of us couldn’t visit as it was quite a distance.

May 2, 2012 at 12:29 pm (5 years ago)

Thank you for sharing that – I bet you remember a lot from that experience from when you were 9!

5. Brandy Insane Mamacita
    May 2, 2012 at 1:01 pm (5 years ago)

I went to our Walmart yesterday (we only have one) which includes our one and only McDonald’s. It is closed for renos apparently. I usually don’t eat there and I was going to support the cause but now we can’t.

6. NPC
    May 2, 2012 at 10:07 pm (5 years ago)

I think we will stop by and grab something for sure, before days end. Thanks for sharing, the RMDH does wonders for families that need it.

7. Canadian Dad
    May 3, 2012 at 2:13 am (5 years ago)

What a great cause. I made sure to stop in tonight to do my part 😉 It doesn’t hurt that “doing my part” meant getting to eat McDonald’s….

8. Ninja Mommers
    May 3, 2012 at 11:44 am (5 years ago)

Amazing! I heart McDonalds… lol