It’s been a good week!

I’ve managed to get in a handful good workouts. I normally workout 6 days a week with one rest day. This week I’ve given myself an extra rest day. Sometimes the body just needs that extra day to recuperate. There is nothing wrong with that. The last thing you want is to push yourself too much and end up injured.

I’ve had the chance to think about a lot of stuff lately. My goals. My dreams. My journey. I’m sure I’m annoying the hell out of people with my constant babble.

Fitness is something that has played a huge role in most of my life. I was a dancer from a young age and a runner throughout high school. My metabolism was amazing (can’t say the same now)… I ate just about any junk food in mass quantities. Healthy eating was of no importance to me. Fitness and leading an active lifestyle was. I had this vision of exploring a career in the fitness industry. I just never took the plunge. Rather I went down a path of quite the opposite.

10 years later… I’m reevaluating.

I’m a stay-at-home Mom now. Fitness is something I continue to be very passionate about. I’ve found myself obsessively looking through the CanProFit website lately.

Do I want to be a personal trainer? Yes.

Is it in the budget at the moment? No.

It doesn’t mean that it won’t ever be though. Never say never, right?! Dreams can always come true, especially when passion is involved. You just need to work for it.

I can’t believe I’m actually writing this post… but it needs to be put out there. I need to be honest with myself… after all I am documenting my journey. I’m in this for the long haul.

11 Comments on Fit & Firm: The Long Haul

1. Kelly @ City Mom
    April 20, 2012 at 11:38 am (6 years ago)

Wow Nicole I totally relate to this! I was a runner too with a metabolism that just didn’t quit…now, not so much! I never learned portion control or will power b/c I didn’t need either. Now it’s a constant struggle! Thx for the motivation!

April 20, 2012 at 11:40 am (6 years ago)

I don’t know you that well, but something tells me that you will figure this out! Good luck and I will be watching you along the ride and remember……I’m your first guinea pig k?!

3. Kathryn
    April 20, 2012 at 11:58 am (6 years ago)

Hey Nicole, I think it is fair to say that all of us Moms have had a wake up call when it comes to our metabolisms. As a kid even into University I ate what I wanted, when I wanted and it never seemed to affect the (bottom line) at all. Since 2 kids and a new age it seems that if I want my old body back I have to work like hell for it. It amazes me that even when you hit the dream goal it can slip away so fast if you don’t keep it up! I go through stages of major motivation and then days (like yesterday) where I just didn’t have the desire to go for that work out. Your posts and tweets are helping to keep me motivated so I think you for that! Love that I have a Jillian Michaels tweep that is enjoying it as much as I am!!

4. Tammy
    April 20, 2012 at 1:16 pm (6 years ago)

Nicole, great post! I never had the metabolism you spoke of 🙁 But before kids I worked my butt off and lost 45lbs, went to the GYM (hardcore) 5 days a week. Since kids I gained the 45lbs back, and as for the GYM, what is that? Their is something that seems to happen when you become a mom… but with positive thinking and hard work, we will all find what we are looking for! Great goal… I cannot wait to follow and watch you achieve!

April 20, 2012 at 2:37 pm (6 years ago)

I didn’t know you wanted to be a personal trainer! That’s awesome. And I love that quote, “Whatever you do, don’t give up, because for once, this is for you.” I was literally talking to my husband last night about going back to school. I’m a WAHM doing transcription. I took this job, not because it was my dream job, but because I was able to stay home and raise my kiddos, no regrets here. But now I’m looking for something else, another career, something I’m passionate about. Good luck to you girly! I’ll be reading your journey along the way. I know you’ll be able to achieve your goal! 🙂

6. mamawee
    April 20, 2012 at 3:07 pm (6 years ago)

I hope you are one day able to recognize your goal and become a personal trainer!

7. Sober Julie
    April 20, 2012 at 3:53 pm (6 years ago)

Way to go, put it out there and be aware…you never know when the opportunity will arise

April 20, 2012 at 4:14 pm (6 years ago)

It’s funny but somehow we always think our dreams are down the road. It’s dedication and belief that get us there. One day you WILL meet your dreams and it could be sooner than you think. Always think positive 🙂

9. Leslie
    April 20, 2012 at 6:32 pm (6 years ago)

Good for you for identifying what you want! now go out an get it!

10. ~ The Country Mouse ~
    April 20, 2012 at 8:11 pm (6 years ago)

Good for you! Dreams and goals do come true, when you put your mind to it.