My daughter is reaching the age where her vocabulary has blossomed at a rapid rate. She went from saying a string of a few words to full on sayings in what felt like a night.

More recently Cadence has said some keepers that I just had to document. Haha.

Cadence: “Daddy, jump with you!”
They both start jumping up and down.
Cadence with a smug look on her face: “Daddy going to break the floor!”

And then there was this charmer from last Friday…

I was on all fours scrubbing the kitchen floor. I’m obsessive like that.
Cadence walks into the room, looks at me and chimes: “Good job, Cinderella!”
I kid you not! I think someone watches a little too much Disney! Hehe.

So tell me… what are some funny analogies your children have shared with you over the years?

11 Comments on Musings From My Toddler

1. Canadian Dad
    March 2, 2012 at 2:44 am (6 years ago)

That’s really funny! I love when kids start expression themselves like this. My kids say too many things for the comments section. I created a section on my blog called “Sh*t My Kids Say” to help me keep it logged for later, lol.

Cheers!
    Chris

2. Tara P.
    March 2, 2012 at 3:44 am (6 years ago)

That’s a really good idea to write these cute sayings down! Cadence sounds like a funny little girl! It was so sweet the other night when we were tucking Nora in she said, “Grandma home. Tishy home (my sister Tracy), Sammy home (my sister’s dog), Riley home. (her cousin)” It was like she needed to reassure herself that everyone was safe at home before she could go to bed! 🙂

March 2, 2012 at 2:00 pm (6 years ago)

Hahahaha, that is too cute! I remember when both kiddies started talking more, everything that came out of their mouths was hilarious. I love and miss this age.

4. Christine
    March 2, 2012 at 2:15 pm (6 years ago)

It’s so amazing how all of a sudden little ones just start talking and expanding their vocabulary! She is too cute! I laughed so hard when I read “Daddy going to break the floor!” LOL!

March 2, 2012 at 2:25 pm (6 years ago)

LOL that’s cute – ds 3’s way of saying breakfast cracks me up! Breaf-kast!

6. Kathryn Lavallee
    March 2, 2012 at 2:53 pm (6 years ago)

lol! I have a tons of these and I write them all down so I can look back on them. My current favourite is that my youngest has started calling me “Mummiss” instead of Mom. I have no idea why, but it makes me laugh every time!

7. Sober Julie
    March 2, 2012 at 4:53 pm (6 years ago)

hahaha it’s so awesome when they’re at this age….

8. Nancy
    March 2, 2012 at 6:20 pm (6 years ago)

Hahaha! OMG! I love the Cinderella comment! Kids are so smart and observant! PS love the name Cadence!

March 2, 2012 at 7:01 pm (6 years ago)

LOL kids are so beautiful. I love how they just say what’s on their mind. Good post cinderella 🙂

10. MommyMatter
    March 3, 2012 at 12:51 am (6 years ago)

The things that come out of my kids mouths lately have us laughing hysterically. As they get older, they are starting to learn sarcasm and wow… it’s brutal! I’ve got the Good Job Cinderella bit before as well… Disney seems to warp their minds too easily. 😛