My heart is so full of happy that it feels like it could explode into a billion itty bitty pieces of rainbow confetti. Seriously. I haven’t been able to wipe the smile off of my face all day. It’s a phenomenal feeling.

I’m travelling to Cancun within the week, so I’ve been busy packing. Given the recent changes in my health, I’ve had to spend a lot of time trying on clothes. Clothes that I haven’t worn in 5 years since my honeymoon. I slipped into one of my favorite old skirts this morning. It fit me loosely. Wow. I couldn’t believe it. My mind started flowing and getting excited.

To pull out my wedding dress or not to? I tossed this question around for hours. I finally caved and dug my wedding dress out of the back of my closet. I slipped into the dress and held my breath. I had jitters. My husband tied up the corset while I nervously babbled. The dress fit me better now today then it did on my wedding day. Crazy! I’m 15 lbs above what I weighed on my wedding day, but I’m much more muscular and toned now. I couldn’t believe it. Best feeling ever!!!!

When I embarked on this journey in January, I never anticipated losing weight. It wasn’t part of my plan. My focus was solely on getting fit, being healthy and staying active. Building on my happiness was key. I wanted to look in the mirror and feel happy. It wasn’t hard to achieve that goal.  What I never expected was the feeling I had overwhelm me the other day when I walked passed a mirror and had to do a double take. Is that really me?! Like woah.

Trust me when I say this journey of mine is nothing to be envious of. It bothers me when people say they’re jealous. Being fit hasn’t come easy to me. It’s been a lot of work. Work that may make some think I’m bordering obsessive. I like to think of it as dedicated. There isn’t a day that goes by now that I don’t look forward to my workout. It doesn’t matter if it’s a 10 minute or 90 minute workout… the very feeling is rejuvenating and empowering. I feel stronger nowadays then I ever have before.

I’m in such a happy place and it feels so good! It makes every little effort worth it.

14 Comments on Motivated Monday: My Heart is Full of Happy!!

1. yummymomma08
    March 19, 2012 at 4:03 pm (5 years ago)

way to go!!!! Keep it up babes!!!

• Nicole
      March 19, 2012 at 6:13 pm (5 years ago)

Thank you so much hun!

March 19, 2012 at 6:16 pm (5 years ago)

You are so awesome! Great work!!! You must be so proud of yourself – your smile is contagious because I am smiling over here with you 🙂 Have a GREAT holiday!!!

• Nicole
      March 19, 2012 at 6:51 pm (5 years ago)

Thanks Amanda! I’ve felt so empowered the past few days. I love it. I feel like a new person. The happiest I’ve been in a long time. 🙂

3. PositivelyPamperedPatty
    March 20, 2012 at 1:24 pm (5 years ago)

Good for you Nicole! I am so happy for you. It is so true that some people think working out could be obsessive behavior but I totally hear you. I could not manage to squeeze in a workout this weekend and I was not stressing about it but it’s become a habit now so it was strange. It is a huge stress reliever, it makes me feel so good about myself so when I miss a few workouts, I really miss them. Have a great vacation! I can’t wait to hear all about it!

4. AnnMarie Brown
    March 20, 2012 at 1:24 pm (5 years ago)

Awesome!!! You should be so proud of yourself seriously… your smile lights up the room!

March 20, 2012 at 3:27 pm (5 years ago)

You look so beautiful, I’m so excited for you. I hope you have a great trip, you deserve it!

March 20, 2012 at 3:33 pm (5 years ago)

You look stunning! WTG! 🙂 Enjoy Cancun..I love it and am so jealous!!

7. Sober Julie
    March 20, 2012 at 4:16 pm (5 years ago)

Whoohoooo that’s so fabulous, you look smashing!

8. Ninja Mommers
    March 20, 2012 at 4:28 pm (5 years ago)

Amazing! I LOVE that wedding dress, it’s just GORGEOUS! I am going to have to try my dress on one day, although I know it won’t fit now. I need to get on this fitness journey I keep talking about but can’t get myself there, I am unsure why. Funny thing is, once I start I can usually do Ok.

Way to go girl!

9. Deanna T.
    March 20, 2012 at 10:08 pm (5 years ago)

That my dear is awesome. Lovely dress by the way. Enjoy your trip!

10. Fab Frugal Mama
    March 21, 2012 at 5:32 am (5 years ago)

Wow, you look amazing in your wedding dress! Use *that* photo for your gravatar, girl!! 🙂

11. Kat
    March 30, 2012 at 12:39 am (5 years ago)

Wow! That’s awesome! Keep it up and have fun! 🙂