I love a meal that makes me stop mid-bite and want to scream “hello”. You know that meal that just speaks to you. The  very smell, taste… the everything. If you want a meal that will win the way to his heart  then this recipe is it.

I first came across this recipe months ago. It was a recipe that immediately peaked my interest. It combined flavours that I knew my family would savour and love. My worry was that the meal would be to difficult and time consuming to prepare. It was far from that. It took me about 30 minutes to prepare and stuff the shells. Once the dish is in the oven, you have 45 minutes to essentially relax. I love that!

Ingredients
1 lb. ground beef
1 package low-sodium taco seasoning
4 oz. cream cheese
14-16 jumbo pasta shells
1.5 cup salsa
1 cup taco sauce (This is a smooth, tomato based sauce found in the Mexican section)
1 cup cheddar cheese
1 cup monterey jack cheese
3 green onions
Sour cream
Directions
Preheat oven to 350°.
In a frying pan cook ground beef; add taco seasoning and prepare according to package directions.  Add cream cheese, cover and simmer until cheese is melted. Blend well. Set aside and cool completely.  While ground beef is cooking, cook the pasta shells according to directions; drain. Set shells out individually on cutting board/baking sheet so that they don’t stick together.
Pour salsa on bottom of 9×13 baking dish.  Stuff each shell with the meat mixture. Place shells in 9×13 pan open side up. Cover shells with taco sauce.  Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
After 30 minutes, add shredded cheese and bake for 10-15 more minutes, with the foil removed.  Top with any condiments you’d like (green onions, black olives, etc.) Serve with sour cream and/or more salsa.

13 Comments on Mexican Stuffed Shells

1. Denise G
    March 21, 2012 at 12:32 pm (6 years ago)

These look so good! Who would have thought combining mexican and italian. This is a must try! Thanks for sharing!

2. Tammy
    March 21, 2012 at 12:47 pm (6 years ago)

YUM YUM YUMMY!!! THanks for sharing! @inRdream

March 21, 2012 at 5:49 pm (6 years ago)

Woot! Looks mouth watering. Pasta is so a favorite of mine. I’m going to see if I can wittle down calories on this one 🙂

4. Did you know Canada
    March 21, 2012 at 6:09 pm (6 years ago)

I make this ALL THE TIME! Everything but the Taco Sauce, will have to look for it at the store, thanks!!

5. AnnMarie Brown
    March 21, 2012 at 7:40 pm (6 years ago)

oh my lands… this look awesome.. going to have to make this!

6. Callista
    March 21, 2012 at 8:56 pm (6 years ago)

OMG! Anything that is covered in cheese like that peaks our interest. I am SO making this next time I’ve gone shopping.

7. Sober Julie
    March 21, 2012 at 9:35 pm (6 years ago)

Oh my goodness, do you happen to have a light version? Actually forget it, I’ll use this for a splurge night

8. Deanna T.
    March 22, 2012 at 3:33 am (6 years ago)

Hmm… I’m just not sure about the cream cheese. This makes me want to take the enchilada recipe you posted a while back (which I made for dinner tonight actually) and turn it into stuffed shells.

9. Annie1
    May 30, 2013 at 5:41 pm (4 years ago)

Oh, I can’t wait to make this for my grandchildren! The recipe would be fun to make with them as well!

RAFFLECOPTER NAME is Anne Taylor

10. Lee Pearson
    July 11, 2013 at 12:49 pm (4 years ago)

This looks amazing and definitely something I’m going to make. I’ve bookmarked it. This ones going in my collection. Thanks for the recipe 🙂

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Mexican Stuffed Shells

1. […] me in the mood to whip up a comfort dish for dinner. Something I have been craving a lot lately is stuffed shells and lasagna. When I came across One Sweet Appetite’s recipe for Lasagna Stuffed Shells on […]