I’ve been feeling on the top of my A game lately. My happiness is at the highest levels that it’s been in a long time. It’s an amazing feeling. It reflects not only in my regular day-to-day life, but also in my sex life. You never really realize how much of a damper feeling down on yourself can put on your sex life until you become proactive to find your happiness and work on your self. I don’t mean work on yourself in the sense of working out, but rather eating healthier and just really appreciating that person staring back at you in the mirror. Just that little bit of self respect and appreciation pays off.

My weight plateaued this week. I’m not letting that get me down though. It happens. While I vigilantly try to eat healthy week by week, I allow myself to have a cheat night here and there. It’s good to indulge in those cravings and reward yourself with a treat for all your hard work. Not only that it throws off your body by ingesting higher calories… this can help diminish that plateau that sometimes tends to happen. Yes, I may have acquired that tidbit of information while watching The Doctors this week.

My pitfall this week has been my consumption of junk food. My water intake has been at an all time high. I’ve cut out all fast food consumption and have only been enjoying healthy homecooked meals. I just can’t ward off the cravings for Oreo’s, Doritos and chocolate. How do I overcome this? I know it’s not a huge deal in the long run per say, but it is my setback. A frustrating one at that.

11 Comments on Fit & Firm Friday: Upwards & Onwards

1. Shashers Life
    March 3, 2012 at 5:31 pm (6 years ago)

Oh I so need to make a plan to get in shape and eat better!!

2. Trina
    March 3, 2012 at 5:39 pm (6 years ago)

So proud of you for writing about your success AND struggles. It’s not an easy road.

3. Canadian Dad
    March 3, 2012 at 5:53 pm (6 years ago)

I’ve really enjoyed following all of your groups success stories. I’m almost motivated enough to start getting healthier on my own. Almost. I need a few more success story reads and I’m there! LOL.

Chris

4. Little Miss Kate
    March 3, 2012 at 6:36 pm (6 years ago)

I can’t give up chocolate either, so I try to stick to 1 shot glass of M&Ms or mini eggs as my treat.
    Glad to hear things are going well in the bedroom too – it makes such a difference in a relationship!

5. OrangeHeroMama
    March 3, 2012 at 6:43 pm (6 years ago)

You’re doing fantastic! keep it up!

and woohoo to things going better in the bedroom! meow! 😉

6. Mom vs. the boys
    March 4, 2012 at 4:08 am (6 years ago)

keep at it mama and who knew the libido would improve eh? lol

7. Kathryn Lavallee
    March 4, 2012 at 4:15 am (6 years ago)

Hang in there, hon! We all need our occasional indulgences! 🙂

8. Kat
    March 5, 2012 at 9:32 pm (6 years ago)

It really does make a huge difference! I think it is fine to have treats in moderation! Way to go!

9. Positively Pampered Patty
    March 6, 2012 at 6:04 pm (6 years ago)

Hi Nicole,

The only advice I can give you is the more you cut back on sugar and refined cards the less you will crave it. It’s your body that is craving it, we tend to eat so many unrefined carbs and sugar that we make our bodies crave it. It takes about a week to two weeks, but you can do it. The first few weeks of cutting back are hard. I noticed this past weekend when I had a piece of my niece’s birthday cake, it was way too sweet. Something I would not have noticed a month ago. You can do it. Drink lots of water and try to cut back slowly. Go girl!!