I’m not even going to wait… I’m going to jump right into it and proclaim…

I’m down 20lbs since Christmas. 4lbs away from my next mini goal!!!

The number glistening back at me on the scale is one I haven’t seen in over 4 years. I can’t help but celebrate every little bit of the way.

In November, I wrote a post “25 Reason WHY I Want to Stay Fit“. It was my mental motivation and it continues to be. If you’re on this fitness journey with me, I urge you to write a similar list and reflect on it if you’re ever having an off day.

I also want to thank my readers. You’ve been some of my biggest cheerleaders and motivators during this journey. I wouldn’t have been able to push through without your support.

This saying couldn’t be more true. In the first 4 weeks, I went from feeling like giving up. I didn’t. Giving up would have meant having to start over. Who really wants to start over?! Nobody! I stuck it out. I pushed myself harder than I ever have before. It wasn’t easy. By 8 weeks, I started noticing change and my family is too. I swore I’d never wear a bikini again… I’ll be rocking one in Cancun in a few short weeks. Eek! Wow. It’s amazing the results that can come from determination. I feel so strong and so empowered.  I really, really do.

Hope you all have a fit fluential week!

23 Comments on Fit & Firm Friday: Strong is the New Skinny

• Nicole
      March 10, 2012 at 4:34 am (6 years ago)

Thanks! 🙂

• Nicole
      March 10, 2012 at 1:29 pm (6 years ago)

Thanks!

1. Annie
    March 10, 2012 at 12:31 pm (6 years ago)

awesome job!!!!!!!

I have been losing weight since September… and still going. I know how good it feels. Congrats!!!

• Nicole
      March 10, 2012 at 1:30 pm (6 years ago)

Thanks, Annie! It really is a long journey, eh?! The results and overall happiness is what makes it so worth it. I’m beginning to find exercise is the best cure all if I’m having a bad day and need to escape for a bit.

• Nicole
      March 10, 2012 at 1:30 pm (6 years ago)

Thanks!

The pics are totally inspiring, aren’t they?! 🙂

• Nicole
      March 10, 2012 at 1:34 pm (6 years ago)

Thanks, Amanda!

You’re rockin’ the fit and firm train too. Remember that!

I’ve found I’ve lost most my weight through exercise, upping my water intake an cutting out the fast food and sweets. Cutting the junk was the hardest for me. We used to eat out twice a week and if I had treats in the house I would happily indulge without thinking. While I do still treat myself now, I avoid doing it as often.

When scheduling my workouts, I don’t look at it as an appointment that I need to make time for. I fit it into my everyday, whether it be first thing in the morning, during naps or while the hubs put the children to bed. I workout about 5-6 days a week for 40 to 90 minutes depending on the time available.

Try not to feel discouraged. I think you’re doing amazing. We all have our off weeks. I was there a few weeks ago myself!!! I’m always here for you as a virtual fitness buddy if you ever want to chat. We can do this and we will do this! Remember that!

😀

2. Kelly @ City Mom
    March 10, 2012 at 1:11 pm (6 years ago)

That’s amazing! Good for you! You make some really good points! Especially about starting over…I’m in a feeling like starting over stage 🙁 keep it up & rock that bikini!! SASS

• Nicole
      March 10, 2012 at 1:35 pm (6 years ago)

Thanks, Kelly!

I’ve started over far too many times. This time I disciplined myself to stay on track. It can be so hard though.

3. Pain SUX
    March 10, 2012 at 4:00 pm (6 years ago)

Stopping by from the Alexa hop.
    Have a great weekend.

Wow, sounds like you are doing great.
    Good for you.

~Steph
    fortheluvofsanity.blogspot.com

• Nicole
      March 11, 2012 at 2:09 am (6 years ago)

Thanks. I hope you have a fabulous weekend too.

• Nicole
      March 11, 2012 at 2:05 am (6 years ago)

Thanks! Good luck on your journey! 🙂

4. Searching for Happy
    March 11, 2012 at 2:02 am (6 years ago)

Congratulations on an amazing journey so far.

Those pictures are incredibly motivating too!

-SASS

• Nicole
      March 11, 2012 at 2:05 am (6 years ago)

Thank you so much!

5. Little Miss Kate
    March 11, 2012 at 7:49 pm (6 years ago)

AWESOME – 20lbs is amazing – way to go!

6. Little Miss Kate
    March 11, 2012 at 7:51 pm (6 years ago)

Thanks for participating in SASS, hope to see you back next week!

7. Positively Pampered Patty
    March 17, 2012 at 4:30 pm (6 years ago)

Hi Nicole!,

I am catching up on my commenting, it’s been a crazy week. You are doing so well, I am really proud of your commitment to getting fit. It does get easier and I think our bodies just want better eventually. So glad you are on the journey with me and so many others.

Visiting you from Fit N Firm and from the Sass hop from last week!! Better late than never. 🙂

8. Deanna T.
    March 17, 2012 at 6:00 pm (6 years ago)

20lbs since Christmas? Wow.I hadn’t heard that 4 weeks to 12 weeks saying before, and it’s so true. It’s hard to stay motivated, but totally worth it. Congrats lady. -SASS