It’s beginning to sink in. You know that holy shit feeling. The one that overcomes you when a big life event is looming as the big date draws near. Yea that.

Late last Spring, my husband and I put a deposit down on a new build. We’re having our new home built from the ground up. It’s been a very exciting time in our lives. A time that has also brought with it some undue stress, but we’ve been rolling with the punches. Taking each day as it comes. Remembering to breath. I still can’t believe we’re doing this. Wow.

At the time of our down payment we had 14 months until closing. It felt like a long time. An eternity to be exact. Who am I kidding?! It was far from it. Days crept by and quickly months began to fly. Time has past and now we find ourselves hustling.

Painting. Cleaning. Purging. Β Don’t even get me started on purging. Today we filled a U-Haul truck full to the brim of junk that we had accumulated over our 5 years of marriage. How the hell does one accumulate so much crap? Hoarder much. It felt so freeing to rid of it all. My house feels some what naked now. I love it.

It’s hard to believe in a few short months, I’ll be moving out of my first home. A home I brought my first child home to. A home where I birthed my second child. We have so many beautiful memories here.

While it will be hard to move, I’m super excited about embarking on this new chapter in our lives. In our new home; our own home. One that has never been lived in before. One where can build on more memories. Our forever home.

9 Comments on Field of Dreams & Forever Memories

1. Mira Harkness
    March 11, 2012 at 2:36 am (6 years ago)

awww, that is so great. You will love living in your own home, one that has never been lived in before! Great feeling!! Congrats guys πŸ™‚

2. Canadian Dad
    March 12, 2012 at 1:00 pm (6 years ago)

Congrats on your new home, you’re going to love it!!

Chris

3. Sober Julie
    March 12, 2012 at 2:18 pm (6 years ago)

Whoohoooo this is a huge event, relish the moments

March 12, 2012 at 2:32 pm (6 years ago)

Oh wow! That is super exciting and awesome and bittersweet at the same time. It’s awesome you’re building your house from the ground up. Just think of all the new memories you’ll be making in your new home. I’m so excited for you. Wishing you both a smooth and stress-less move!

5. AnnMarie Brown
    March 12, 2012 at 2:46 pm (6 years ago)

how exciting!!! Congrats on your new home!!!

6. Kelly @ City Mom
    March 12, 2012 at 2:54 pm (6 years ago)

Congrats! That is so exciting but I know the feeling of leaving the past behind. We moved from the house we brought our daughter home from the hospital to and it was sad to leave. Soon enough though you’ll fill the new one up with love!

7. jodi @ rantsnrascals
    March 12, 2012 at 8:34 pm (6 years ago)

Oh congrats Nicole, that’s amazing! Sure scary but the adventures in our lives usually are. I’m excited for you and can’t wait to see the pics! πŸ™‚