Today was like any ordinary Friday. It’s our grocery day. A beautiful, sunny 20 degree March day… Okay maybe that part isn’t so normal…. I got the kids all comfy in the car, cranked up the tunes and we were off.

While sitting at a red light, I adjusted myself. My hand brushed lightly passed the right side of my neck. What was that? It bumped something. Nothing big, but something large enough to spark my mind to run wild. It brushed a small lump that normally wasn’t there. What gives?

I talked myself down and chalked it up to just being a bug bite. I blew it off until later this evening when my husband got home. I had him look at it for me and he provided me with his theories of what this said lump could be. The theories while they did calm me also raised more alarm. Alarm that caused me to resort to turning to the worst possible thing…

Dr. Google!

Why on earth I let myself go through with submitting my search query is beyond me. The results it returned were amazing. I got diagnosed with over 8,830,000 results in 2 seconds. Everything from thyroid cancer to benign fatty cyst to swollen lymph nodes. Holy crap! So many extremes!

At this point I’m trying to talk myself down. The lump isn’t painful. It’s pea sized and located on the left side of the back of my neck towards the shoulder. It doesn’t hurt. I’m going to keep an eye on it and if it doesn’t appear to go down then I’ll head to my doctor to have it assessed.

I hate to make a mountain out of a molehill, but you just never know.

6 Comments on Dr. Google is Bad!

1. Sober Julie
    March 17, 2012 at 4:28 pm (5 years ago)

Oh I have banned myself from using Dr Google, it’s never been a good result when I do…

2. Little Miss Kate
    March 17, 2012 at 4:51 pm (5 years ago)

Googling health related issues is never a good thing in my books. so many worst case scenarios out the. However, do make sure if get it checked out if you are worried!

3. PositivelyPamperedPatty
    March 17, 2012 at 4:55 pm (5 years ago)

Dr. Google makes me worry more than anything. Glad you are on top of it Nicole and getting it checked out.

4. AnnMarie Brown
    March 17, 2012 at 6:22 pm (5 years ago)

I have banned myself from using dr google… I never like what he says and it just gets me way to worried.

5. Shash
    March 18, 2012 at 6:28 pm (5 years ago)

hahaha!! I was so bugged by Dr Google while the kids were hacking up a lung over the past couple months. I need to learn to step away from the internet during those moments in life! 🙂

6. jodi @ rantsnrascals
    March 18, 2012 at 6:59 pm (5 years ago)

I’ve been having chest pains the past few days, heaviness, then my throat got sore, Dr. Google popped up heart attacks and stroke, which I foolishly read about (again) my mom had a heart attack years ago, my anxiety went through the roof, I didn’t sleep for days, have to wait till Monday to go see the doctor, already had my heart checked did a treadmill test was told everything is okay. Yet somehow Dr. Google knows more … lol