Are you one of those parents that religously filled out Baby’s 1st books and documented everything when your child was a newborn?

I was totally that Mom with my first born. I documented everything about the pregnancy and my daughter’s first year. The pregnancy notes may have even covered the topic of sex. Cadence is going to smack me when she gets older when she decides to sit down and rummage through her box of memories.
However when it came down to my pregnancy with my son and his 1st year I wasn’t as on the ball. Any notes I have would be documented on this blog. Nothing in writing in a little notebook.
Part of me wonders if I didn’t document the pregnancy because I had done so with my pregnancy prior to him and I lost the baby. I just don’t think I could have endured that pain again.
I digress…
My son has had a huge word explosion recently. His vocabulary has really grown. Have I mentioned he’s only 12 months?! Some of his first words have been:
  • Hi (if he says it really fast it sounds more like hi’s or even ass)
  • Bang
  • Block
  • Dog
  • Duck
  • Woof
  • Cat
  • Bubba (bottle)
  • Momma
  • Dada
  • Baby (No! He’s not trying to hint at something. This baby making shop is temporarily closed!)
  • Not a word, but if you ask him where his head is… he’ll put both hands on it.
I could swear there is more on the list, but those are all that are coming to me at the moment.
If one thing is apparent… Cameron has learned so much from his big sister.

9 Comments on Documenting Baby’s 1st’s

1. andra
    March 2, 2012 at 9:15 pm (5 years ago)

I did a decent job on my first’s book, but my poor 2nd child is getting the short end of the stick for sure! The couple of times I’ve even cracked her book open I’ve been just hurridly jotting down a few notes, and estimating dates/ages for milestones. *sigh* 2nd child syndrome!

2. Anonymous
    March 2, 2012 at 9:21 pm (5 years ago)

J’s new word is baby too – and no he’s not hinting at anything either! He says it when he looks at baby pictures of him or if one is on the tv or a magazine. I did a fairly good job at keeping up with his album, I haven’t put his 1st birthday info or pics in it, and I think I haven’t put pictures in the months from 8months and up. We’ll see how I do with the 2nd – not that that is anytime soon!!!!

– Melissa

3. mamawee
    March 3, 2012 at 4:52 pm (5 years ago)

I did a pretty good job with my first; with my 2nd, I did weekly belly shots, but when it comes to pictures and baby books……sadly I am lacking in that department.

SASS

4. Searching for Happy
    March 3, 2012 at 11:04 pm (5 years ago)

I have no children of my own, but I adore meeting children who are learning how they speak. The look in their eyes as you can see their minds working is priceless!

-SASS

5. OrangeHeroMama
    March 4, 2012 at 5:12 am (5 years ago)

I wish that I had done a better job at documenting little things! There is so much that i already don’t remember! 🙁

~SASS

6. Deanna T.
    March 10, 2012 at 4:09 am (5 years ago)

You are a better lady than I. I did a half-assed job documenting child #1, and girl#2’s documentation, other than what’s posted on my blog, is pretty much non-existant.