I did it. Last week I finally brought myself to step on the scale. You know that scary dark thing tucked in beside my bathroom cabinet. I dragged it out, held my breath and stepped on. It felt like an eternity as the scale thought for an hour (…er… minute) before my weight popped up on the screen before my eyes. I saw the number. Blinked. Stepped off the scale and back on. It had to be wrong. It wasn’t.

Down TEN pounds since Christmas. Ten whole pounds. I never expected to see that number. I had been putting off even weighing myself for fear of becoming obsessed with it. Thankfully I haven’t. I’m pleasantly surprised. I knew that I had been losing inches. I never anticipated losing weight. It wasn’t my goal going into my get active, stay fit, and be healthy regime.

I’m now 3 pounds shy of my pre-pregnancy weight. Yay!

Keeping on top of my water intake had been a struggle of mine over the last few weeks. Last week I broke out my half liter water bottle and I’ve been taking it with me everywhere. I’ve found it’s helped keep me on top of staying hydrated. I’ve also been flavouring my water with agave nectar, lemon juice, raspberries and cucumber. Drink 2 liters of water a day has never been so easy!

Over the past week, I’ve done a lot of over indulging. It may not have been reflective on the scale; my body certainly made it clear to me that it wasn’t happy. After eating healthy for weeks, my body surely did not take well to my intake of cake and sweets. It left me feeling kind of sickly to be quite frank. While it was nice to treat myself… the sweets will remain just that… occasional treats.

Have a fit fluential week!

11 Comments on Motivated Monday: Fit Fluential

1. Lynsey @MoscatoMom
    February 14, 2012 at 12:31 am (6 years ago)

CONGRATS!! I hit my pre-#2-pregnancy weight this week too!! YYAAAYYY!!!

I am a bit obsessed though…. I weigh every… single… day LOL

February 14, 2012 at 1:42 pm (6 years ago)

I had something sweet yesterday and I didn’t feel well afterwards either! It’s all what your body is used to, right?!

Congrats! 10 pounds is AWESOME!

I hear you on the water thing – lately I’ve been enjoying hot water with some lemon in it. Do you just put the sliced up cucumbers and whole raspberries into the water and they flavour it?

Keep it up!

Unfortunately, I am addicted to the scale, something I never have been in the past and never wanted to be 🙁

• Nicole
      February 15, 2012 at 9:03 pm (6 years ago)

Yep, I just slice up the cucumber and toss it in. I also include whole berries.

3. Mom vs. the boys
    February 14, 2012 at 3:40 pm (6 years ago)

wow, you are rocking this! 10 pounds is fabulous!

February 14, 2012 at 6:41 pm (6 years ago)

This is absolutely fabulous!! Congrats. I can only imagine your face when you saw that 🙂

5. Kevin L
    February 14, 2012 at 8:19 pm (6 years ago)

Woohoo Wtg thats great. Me and my scale don’t get along well either. Its more of a floor decoration that I trip on every now and then!!

lol
    Kevin 🙂

6. NPC
    February 14, 2012 at 9:09 pm (6 years ago)

OMG that is an incredible achievement! Congrats!

7. Shari G
    February 14, 2012 at 9:42 pm (6 years ago)

You are doing great!! Keep up the awesome work!