Week 4. Let’s do this! My fitness regime is going strong. I haven’t felt this good and healthy in a long time. A very long time. It’s an amazing feeling. I love the girl staring back at me in the mirror. I can’t remember the last time I truly appreciated her beauty. She is beautiful. Call me vain, but she is.

I’ve decided to stop counting the calories of each meal. It was making me become that crazy person that I didn’t want to become. I was over analyzing everything that went into my mouth. From food to drink. It was nutso. Who cares if I want to enjoy the occasional glass of wine or a small slice of cake?! Like really. Moderation is okay. We all deserve a treat from time to time.ย
I have managed to work my way towards living a healthier lifestyle. Our meal plan is certainly reflecting it. I’m spending a lot more time in the produce section at the grocery and less time in the junk food aisles. Recently one of my favorite snacks has beenย ants on a log. So yummy!
My son and I are both celebrating our birthdays this week. The hubs took me away this past weekend. I overindulged a lot. Birthdays have no calories, right? Right?! I can bet you there will be a lot more cake in my future this week. Mmm… cake! My birthday comes, but once a year. Indulgence is expected.ย
Have a fit fluential week everyone!

11 Comments on Motivated Monday: Birthdays Have No Calories

February 7, 2012 at 11:51 am (6 years ago)

Happy Birthday this week ๐Ÿ™‚ Of course birthdays come with the best gift of all – no guilt calories ;)!!!

You are doing GREAT! Keep up the awesome work.

February 7, 2012 at 12:08 pm (6 years ago)

Ants on a log, we just made those this weekend for the kiddos on Superbowl, they are yummy!

And um, yes. Birthdays have no calories, at all, have a great week celebrating yours and your DS birthday, you deserve it!

I have to agree on you about deserving a treat and not counting calories. As much as I want to lose weight, get healthier, I don’t want to be miserable either. I’ve been making sure I drink 8 glasses of water a day, making myself eat three times a day, (I normally skip breakfast) walking to get the mail and exercising while watching Ellen, lol. I find the key is making small changes so that I don’t break down feeling overwhelmed and eat an entire cake/pie/bag of chips. lol

Wishing you and your kiddo a wonderful Birthday!!! <3

3. Kelly @ City Mom
    February 7, 2012 at 2:30 pm (6 years ago)

I like your style Nicole! Birthday don’t have calories! You’re right ๐Ÿ™‚

I appreciate reading this because I have been working really hard lately on loving who I see in the mirror. I’ve been working out and trying to eat better too and that, along with my attitude change has allowed me to buy my first bikini since having my daughter.

Why not love who we are. It’s us. There’s not other like us and it’s what we’ve been given. Keep up the great work!

4. Sober Julie
    February 7, 2012 at 5:24 pm (6 years ago)

Happy Birthday to you and your son!! I love that you’re happy with yourself and willing to loosen the focus upon calories in a healthy way!!

5. Tarasview
    February 7, 2012 at 5:27 pm (6 years ago)

you sound so upbeat and positive- I love it!!

6. Whispered Inspirations
    February 7, 2012 at 5:50 pm (6 years ago)

Birthdays have no calories! ๐Ÿ™‚ LOL, I love this. But, Happy Birthday and I wish you all the best!

7. Deborah Coombs
    February 7, 2012 at 6:34 pm (6 years ago)

Happy birthday! And it’s important to treat yourself on a special occasion, calories or no. If you deprive too much it can so easily backfire.

8. Deanna T.
    February 7, 2012 at 9:55 pm (6 years ago)

Calorie counting in general makes my head hurt. Why worry so much about each bite? Oh and I agree totally, birthdays’ have no calories. Hope you and your little guy have an an awesome week!

9. PositivelyPamperedPatty
    February 8, 2012 at 1:00 am (6 years ago)

Nicole I love your post today! Your so positive and happy, it had me smiling as I read it. Good for you for letting go a little. Moderation is absolutely key. Wishing you a wonderful birthday and a fantastic year!

10. shasher's Life
    February 8, 2012 at 3:42 am (6 years ago)

Happy Birthday to you!!! You’re very right, birthdays have no calories ๐Ÿ™‚