After many… and I mean… MANY years, the scale and I have finally rekindled our love for one another. I’d become one of the those women after giving birth to my children who would tuck the scale away into the dark corner where it would collect dust. It took a lot of courage to bring myself to pull it back out.

Let’s face it.

When I was pregnant with my son I suffered from really bad morning sickness. I couldn’t keep anything down. Diclectin did jack for me. My saving grace was poutine and chocolate. It kept my belly full and baby happy. Was it the healthiest options? No. It was the only thing I could stomach though. I ended up paying the price for my unhealthy habits. I packed on a lot of excess weight from the empty calories.

Losing the baby weight is something I’ve struggled with since February 2011. Weight loss isn’t something that has come easy to me. I battled through my struggles with postpartum depression. I felt empty, useless and unpretty. Harsh… but true. I enrolled in a local gym. I committed myself to it for all of a month before falling off the bandwagon. I didn’t see the results I wanted. I didn’t feel like I was tied down to going to the gym. An aerobics class might have been a better choice for me.

Heading into 2012 I made myself a pact that this would be the year I focus on myself. Too often do I put other people first and place myself on the back burner. I began eating healthier and have been working out like nobody’s business. Not to lose weight but to tone. Little did I expect to lose the pounds. Imagine my surprise when I stepped on the scale last week and found out I had dropped 10 pounds since Christmas.

Amazing feeling let me tell you!

This week I’ve been a little off and distant from my regular workout routine as a result of a rotor cuff injury (torn shoulder tendon), but I’ve managed to stay motivated and kept up with my healthy lifestyle. I’ve felt out of my element since my routine has fallen off track. However, I know my body needs a break to heal.

Today I decided to hop back on the scale. I jumped off immediately and did a happy dance. I’m now down 14 pounds since Christmas and am now back to my pre-pregnancy weight. I never thought I’d see this day. I feel like a new person. I feel stronger. I feel happier and so much more confident. I hate to brag, but I’m so in love with my body and the person I am now. This girl totally rocks!

I promised myself once I reached my goal that I would book myself a boudoir portrait session. Not for my husband, but for me. A little something to celebrate my beauty. Now… it’s the shyness holding me back. Hahaha!

17 Comments on Fit & Firm

1. Whispered Inspirations
    February 25, 2012 at 5:19 am (6 years ago)

Hi there, I have struggled with losing the baby weight and here we are almost 2 years later. I go up and down. So unhealthy. But, link up to our Fit & Firm Friday linky that is up right now! Keep going, make small changes and get moving no matter what it is. You are not alone!

Fit & Firm
    SASS

2. Canadian Dad
    February 25, 2012 at 11:19 am (6 years ago)

Torn Shoulder Tendon = Chicken Wings and Pizza for me. Good for you to keep on going!!

I’m still trying to get rid of my Daddy weight from our last baby (2010…) but I feel like I’m almost motivated enough to do something about it. These perserverance posts are definitely helping a lot!!

Cheers!!

3. Kevin L
    February 25, 2012 at 11:34 am (6 years ago)

Congratulations keep up the great work. Not easy loosing weight. I have too been on a good weight loss regimen. Its actually working for once. My simple tricks are eating lots of celery as I heard they are negative Calorie foods as well as Cold ice water which again is Negative calorie. Combining these 2 methods with a 20 minute walk each day is really having a great effect.

Again Great post and I wish you well on your journey.
    Visiting from Sass

February 25, 2012 at 12:58 pm (6 years ago)

Visiting again 😉 Have a great weekend and do something to be fit 😉

5. Callista
    February 25, 2012 at 1:33 pm (6 years ago)

Congratulations on your weight loss! I also wanted to add that for Diclectin to work for me, I had to do it a certain way. I had to have the pills, water and crackers near me bed. When I woke up, I took the pills with as minimal movement as possible, then I had to wait about 15 minutes then I nibbled 3 crackers then waited another 10 or more minutes and then slowly got up. Only then did I manage most of the time to not puke it back up.

6. Insane Mamacita
    February 25, 2012 at 3:00 pm (6 years ago)

So proud that you have done so well! Can you kick me in the butt and get me moving?

7. Little Miss Kate
    February 25, 2012 at 5:53 pm (6 years ago)

Keep up the great work! You are doing awesome, and you should TOTALLY go book your photo session. Celebrate what you have accomplished!

Thanks for participating in SASS, hope to see you again next week

8. zcb257
    February 25, 2012 at 6:00 pm (6 years ago)

Congrats on reaching your goal! I agree with tucking the scale away. I did one of the ‘weight loss programs’ that cost you a small fortune a few years back. They focused so much on how many lbs you’ve lost, rather than healthy eating, or how you’re feeling that I literally threw my scale away (well it was broken, but I never replaced it. ;)) Like you, I think we all need to focus more on how we feel, rather than how much we weigh. SASS

February 25, 2012 at 9:48 pm (6 years ago)

That is terrific news! How awesome 🙂 I try not to think about the “lbs” but rather what and how much I’m eating. SASS

10. Kat's Confessions
    February 26, 2012 at 4:43 am (6 years ago)

Awesome! Congratulations and keep it up! 🙂

11. Alex
    February 26, 2012 at 3:53 pm (6 years ago)

Congratulations on some amazing work to date, and especially on staying motivated despite being injured!

(SASS)

12. PositivelyPamperedPatty
    February 26, 2012 at 8:28 pm (6 years ago)

Nicole that is so amazing! I am super happy for you. I love the idea of a boudoir session, tres sexy! Thanks for joining us this week for FitNFirm. Have another great week and take care of that injury okay?

13. PositivelyPamperedPatty
    February 27, 2012 at 1:58 am (6 years ago)

Hi Nicole, I am back again visiting from Sass! Keep going you are doing amazing!

14. Deanna T.
    March 4, 2012 at 4:37 pm (6 years ago)

Congrats lady! I don’t think I would have the guts to do a boudoir session, not at any point in my life, regardless of weight. -SASS