It never fails. My fitness regimen always takes off at such a good pace. I’m motivated. More accountable than ever. Feeling awesome. And then it hits…

The plateau.

It may hit a week in. A month. Maybe in a few days. In my case, I’ve made it 3 weeks.

Annoying.

I was starting to see results. I’ve found a workout schedule that actually clicks for me. I’m actually sticking to it. Finding time to workout isn’t my struggle at all. In fact it’s far from it.

My struggle…. CRAVINGS!

Cravings for sweets. Cravings for something out of the ordinary. I’ve grown bored of eating healthy. Strange because I’ve been trying to switch it up. Never buying the same old, same old healthy snack food week by week.

I ate out way too much over the weekend. Friday night was my cheat night. I try to allocate one cheat night or day a week. The cheat night slowly turned into cheat weekend. I ate out at A &W Friday. McDonald’s and Boston Pizza on Saturday. Zeller’s Diner and Silver Star Chinese on Sunday. A bit ridic, don’t ya think?

How do I get around this?  Saying ‘Eff you cravings!’ just isn’t as easy as it seems. For me at least.

I have the motivation. I know I can do this.

6 Comments on Motivated Monday: The Plateau

1. Sarah
    January 31, 2012 at 1:49 am (6 years ago)

My fav is Zeller’s Diner:) Meh, it happens- don’t stress!!! Today (and tomorrow) is a new day!

2. Nicole
    January 31, 2012 at 1:55 am (6 years ago)

I know, right?! The diner is awesome! My problem is usually when I fall off track foodwise is that it turns into a vicious cycle of… “Oh what’s one?!”
    I’m hoping I can evade my sweet tooth conscience. Time will tell! 🙂

3. Mira Harkness
    January 31, 2012 at 2:00 am (6 years ago)

You can do this!!! Don’t give up and don’t give in!! You are MY motivation! Please don’t quit.

4. Nicole
    January 31, 2012 at 2:02 am (6 years ago)

Trust me when I say… I refuse to quit! If I quit that would mean I would have to start over. What’s the point of starting over? Just don’t give up! 🙂

February 1, 2012 at 11:32 am (6 years ago)

One weekend doesn’t mean you’ve fallen off the horse, hon! I fell off a bit too this past weekend – partly because I’m sick, partly b/c hubby said I should b/c I’m sick and partly just because. It’s been a slow climb back on the horse, but I am looking at today as a brand new day! Join me?! You can do this.

I hear ya about boredom – just keep switching it up as much as you can.

6. Nicole
    February 1, 2012 at 12:49 pm (6 years ago)

Thanks for all the supportive words. It’s the motivation push I need. This week has been a struggle, but I’m pushing through. I think boredom is what is plaguing me. Next week, I’m going to try to switch up my healthy snacks even more. Spice it up with a little more variety.