Staying on track of my fitness regimen has always been a struggle. I’ve tried counting calories, gym memberships, weekly accountability journals; All of which while they’re great at the time just aren’t enough to kick that motivation into high gear.
I was reading through my Booty Camp Fitness – It’s More Than Just Movement book. I came across a page written by Sammie Kennedy on Mental Motivation. Sammie spoke about what motivated her to stay fit. She leveraged the power of “WHY”. Her reasons left me feeling inspired. It made me stop and think.
Why do I want to stay fit?
What do I want to achieve through my fitness regimen?
What are my goals?
What do I have to prove?
My mind was a roller coaster going full speed ahead without a brake in site. Mental motivation and adrenaline at it’s finest!
So why do I want to stay fit?
- I want to set a healthy example for my children.
- I want to make my spouse, family and friends proud.
- I want to rock a bikini on my next vacation (whenever that may be).
- I want to feel confident about the girl staring back at me in the mirror.
- I want to be an inspiration to others.
- I want a flat stomach with noticeable abs.
- I want to fit into and rock my bridesmaid dress at my Best Friends wedding in Fall 2012.
- I want to look awesome naked.
- I want to be accountable and eat healthy.
- I want to feel more awake and alert during the day.
- I want to feel happy ALL the time.
- I want to feel strong.
- I want to buy a new wardrobe.
- I want to fit back into my beautiful wedding dress. AND – when I do I plan on booking a trash the dress session.
- I want to look HOT rocking my business attire when I should decide to ONE day go back to work.
- I want to exercise to become a natural part of my day-to-day routine. I want to rid of the feeling of having to find time to “fit it in”.
- I want to minimize stretch marks.
- I want to be able to do a minute of push-ups, burpees or plank hold without giving up.
- I want to keep up with my kids.
- I want to say farewell to muffin top.
- I want to run 5k.
- I want to prove to myself that I can do this.
- I want a constant healthy glow.
- I want to participate in a boudoir session (one day), be bursting with confidence and surprise my spouse with the images.
- I think being fit is sexy! Fit Moms ROCK!