No, no… I’m not amazed by what sunlight can do for cloth diapers. I’m promoting a great Sunlight Laundry Product I found this past week while perusing my local Wal-Mart.

I started cloth diapering just under 4 weeks ago, and while its been going great… I’ve been battling with stinky diaper inserts. Originally I had been pre-soaking the diapers in cold water with baking soda prior to washing on a hot cycle with double rinse. The diapers would come out stain free, but alas not odour free.

All week I’ve been searching to no end for a great stain and odour remover, and that’s how I came to finding “Amaze by Sunlight“. Amaze is very inexpensive and can be found in most laundry aisles at main department/grocery store chains.

Simply all you have to do is add 1/2 a cup of the powder to your diaper pail, and soak the cloth diapers for 2 to 3 hours prior to starting your laundry cycle. I usually will just soak my cloth diapers overnight, and start the laundry first thing in the morning. Following my first laundry cycle using this product I was amazed by how odour-free and clean smelling the diapers were. They no longer smelt like pee. It was amazing!!

I know it’s pretty sad that this is something that actually excites me, but bear with me… I’m still new to this whole cloth diapering thing…. so anything new that I learn or find is a big deal!

8 Comments on Amaze by Sunlight: Cloth Diapers

1. GTA Mom
    May 12, 2010 at 7:44 pm (7 years ago)

He he! I was over-the-moon excited about cloth wipe solution today!
    Thanks for the tip 🙂

2. Nicole
    May 13, 2010 at 2:38 am (7 years ago)

There’s cloth wipe solution?!? Tell me more!! I’m still purchasing baby wipes because wash cloths just weren’t cutting it.

3. Anonymous
    April 29, 2013 at 4:14 pm (4 years ago)

HI there
    I am trying to find Amaze; have been looking everywhere! Do you know if it’s still available, and what stores carry it? Certainly not my local grocery stores, Walmart, Target, etc.
    Thanks

• Elke Winkler
      April 26, 2017 at 7:40 pm (4 months ago)

I am looking for amaze by sunlight. Where can I buy it?

• Nicole
        May 7, 2017 at 8:37 pm (3 months ago)

Unfortunately, it appears to be a product that has been discontinued.

4. Nicole
    April 30, 2013 at 6:09 pm (4 years ago)

Hi there,

I have purchased Amaze at Walmart. I have found not all locations carry it though. The one I frequent only shelves a small row of the product. I have yet to find Amaze anywhere else.

5. Ivriniel
    September 14, 2013 at 12:56 am (4 years ago)

My Mom always used to use Amaze on tough stains. It works really well on dried in blood stains.

6. Barbara McClintock
    May 27, 2017 at 11:18 am (3 months ago)

Hi There,
    I am so disappointed that “Amaze” has been discontinued. It worked every tine for me. Is there not anything we can do to have it put back in the stores? There is no other stain remover like it.