Last week I had a mean craving for a Greek Pasta Salad. About a month or so ago, I was visiting with my friend KK and she was eating a Greek Pasta Salad that she had bought bulk from Metro. I just couldn’t justify spending upwards of $20.00 on pasta salad, so I perused the Internet until I came across a recipe that suited my interest.
Below is a copy of the recipe I used. The salad turned out great, and was super yummy! It is definitely going to be added to the meal rotation at our household.
Greek Pasta Salad
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon white sugar
- 2 1/2 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 3 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
- 15 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup sliced red bell peppers
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 (4 ounce) can whole black olives
- 3/4 cup sliced pepperoni sausage, cut into strips
- In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, garlic powder, basil, oregano, black pepper, and sugar. Add cooked pasta, mushrooms, tomatoes, red peppers, feta cheese, green onions, olives, and pepperoni. Toss until evenly coated. Cover, and chill 2 hours or overnight.