I’m not going to lie for the past week or so I’ve been trying anything and everything possible to start trying to naturally induce labour. Don’t get me wrong – I love being pregnant and everything, but I’m just at the point where I really, really want to meet my little girl… especially now knowing deep down that she is full-term and really could arrive at anytime now.
So far, I’ve tried….
- Sex (Yessum – I have… as much as it doesn’t even interest me lately. However, JMK isn’t complaining. Haha)
- Spicy foods
- Eating fresh pineapple and drink pure pineapple juice (none of that concentrated crap!!)
- Long walks (Not that I can say I’ve gotten to go out walking as much as I would like to… It has been uber rainy lately, which totally blows!)
Other things that have been suggested to me that I still haven’t tried are…
- Castor Oil (Yuck! I can’t believe people will actually take a shot of that stuff.)
- Bumpy car rides
- Evening Primrose Oil (Another thing I’d rather steer clear of!)
- Doing more than you normally would in a day… So say in one day you’d normally vacuum and then the next day you’d do a thorough clean of the tubs… rather than span it over two days, do it in one
- Raspberry Leaf Tea (I bought some at my local Wal-Mart today!)
I know, I know… She will make her appearance when she is ready to. And yes, I also know that first borns tend to overstay their welcome and generally are fashionably late. But it certainly doesn’t hurt to try.
This afternoon, I brewed up two litres of Raspberry Leaf Tea… added 4 tablespoons of sugar and a good amount of lemon juice… Now it is chilling in the fridge. It looks soooo tasty and I totally can’t wait to try it!!!
Okay so that is enough about my crazy anctics for one day… *whistles*