At the beginning of the week, I have to admit I was slightly upset that I was placed on sick leave. I had no idea what I was going to do with myself. I lead myself to believe that I was very quickly going to go stir crazy. It felt like it was the end of the world (well, not really the end, but you know what I mean). Here I am on my 5th day of being at home, and it actually isn’t as bad as I originally thought. At first I was extremely bored, I had no idea how to keep myself occupied. But now, I’m very quickly learning how to let myself relax and just enjoy this needed rested. For the first time in a long time, I actually don’t feel stressed… Wow, I never thought in a million years I’d be admitting that!
Over the past few days besides catching up on much needed Zzzz’s, I’ve:
- caught up on some reading;
- cleaned the house (my house hasn’t been this clean in a LONG time. I love it!);
- cooked (I haven’t felt compelled to cook in months because I’ve been so tired… So we’ve wasted so much money on eating out. JMK loves coming home from work even more so now because there is always a home-cooked meal awaiting him.);
- gone for a nice long drive (just to get out of the house, and listen to music. I’m a music LOVER!!); and lastly,
- I’ve bonded more with Lil Miss C. I find now that I’m more relaxed I feel her squirming around so much more!!!
Next week, I need to start figuring out how to handle EI and I plan to also make a hair appointment. I haven’t had my hair done in a LONG time. I deserve the pamper-me time!!!!!
So if I could tell any woman out there one thing, it is that if you get put on sick leave for the remainder of your pregnancy… It really isn’t that bad. Think of it more as quality you time, before the baby arrives. Nothing is more important than the health of you and your little one!